- Responsible for the delivery of a commercially focused HR service to retail operations
- Proactively contribute to both the commercial success and driving the people culture
- Develop effective working relationships with District Managers and Store Managers
Our client are a household name with 94 stores across the UK mainly in London and the South East.
- Responsible for having the right people in the right place at the right time in the allocated districts, effectively managing time to recruit, reducing labour turnover and cost of hire while ensuring that all colleagues have the right attitude, as well as the right skills
- Manage all induction and on-boarding arrangements
- Establish and maintain a close and constructive working relationship with the Recruitment Manager and HRBP for Head Office
Organisation Design and Succession Planning
- Champion the Group culture and the aims and objectives of the company,and ensure they are positively and firmly embedded in the business
- Champion the business employee brand to enable the successful attraction and retention of colleagues.
- Proactively support increased colleague recognition and engagement, with a view to creating a company people really want to work for, and demonstrate the link between high engagement and high performance to line managers
- Support the delivery of the Colleague Engagement Survey, and deliver agreed actions identified in the survey
- Help to identify management development needs and ensure that they are effectively communicated and built in to the business's development plans
- Ensure all managers understand the business's core values and behaviours, and are able to apply them consistently across the business when managing teams
- Coach and support managers in allocated divisions
Learning and Development
- Help to identify Learning and Development needs and ensure they are effectively communicated and built in to the business's plans
- Champion the Group's Apprenticeship initiatives and encourage enthusiastic participation in and completion of the programmes
- Ensure performance is effectively managed in the districts; that consistently good performance and behaviour is both recognised and rewarded and that poor performance or behaviour is addressed promptly and fairly.
- Responsible for the consistent delivery of agreed performance management processes in the designated functions and stores
Employee Relations and HR Advice
- Manage all employee relations issues in the regions, ensuring store managers have the appropriate skills and advice required to deliver a consistently fair and productive working environment
- Take responsibility for all employee administration activities in the RSC and develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Group Payroll function
- Ensure that employee data is "right first time, every time" within the legal requirements and inline with the new GDPR legislation
- Keeping up to date with employee legislation, making commercial recommendations when required.
The successful candidate will
- Proven multi-site as an HRBP or Advisor in a fast moving customer facing business
- Able to work effectively with colleagues to create a "joined up" approach to HR across the business and the Group
- Able to provide clear and concise advice and guidance to line managers maintaining a strong and effective working relationship where managers want to seek advice
- Proven ability to advise, coach and encourage a team of managers
- Good organisational skills. Able to prioritise, organise, and report back accurately and concisely
- Has vision and creativity and the ability to constructively challenge conventional thinking.
- Be a driver and able to commute across London and the South East
- Be autonomous
£30,000 - £35,000 + company car & expenses
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job