A wonderful opportunity has arisen to be a part of a large HR team in a nationally recognised retailer. As a regionally based HR Advisor you’ll be supporting up to 60 stores around the East region.
Joining this growing business you’ll be partnering with both regional and store managers on setting the strategy and implementing their people agenda. You’ll be involved in the entire length and breadth of HR from: identifying talent and training needs to dealing with ER issues and looking at colleague engagement. If you have proven partnering experience in the retail space, then look no further.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner the regional and store managers in the people planning process, participating in the formulation of the regional business plan, influencing decisions as appropriate by understanding issues, budgets and performance.
- Take ownership for the development and delivery of the people plan that effectively underpins the regional business plan.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to stakeholders on opportunities, risks and possible people and business impacts of decisions.
- Support management team in the implementation and evaluation of employee engagement survey and action planning to continuously measure and improve employee engagement and raise operational performance.
- Work collaboratively with management and L&D team in identifying training needs, and creating solutions that are commercially focused and align to the people and business plan.
- Work collaboratively with management and talent team in development and delivery of a clear manpower and succession plan, providing capable, skilled and motivated people.
- Partner regional managers in identifying high potential individuals, developing and providing opportunities with Retail and the wider business.
- Advise and support management team with complex people issues, engaging the support of the ER team as and when appropriate.
- Undertake specific HR projects, providing effective project planning to ensure delivery on time and to the required standard, as and when required.
What you’ll be:
- Having proven experience in a retail background is essential
- Good understanding of the HR arena and business partnering model.
- Assertive with good communication skills and the ability to demonstrate experience in influencing within a hierarchy of levels.
- Ability to interpret data and engage stakeholders to make informed decisions and deliver business focused solutions.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Experience of working with management and central HR teams in identifying skills gaps and developing and delivering robust talent maps.
- Experience of adapting, leading and/or supporting teams through change.