Regional Health and Safety Manager
Location: You will be responsible for a region that includes Bristol, Bath, Plymouth, Exeter, Swindon, Loughborough, Nottingham, Leicester and Coventry.
Hours: 37.5 per week
A driving licence valid for the UK is essential for this role.
What to expect as Regional Health and Safety Manager
The purpose of the role is to support the business in ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of its stakeholders, by providing support, guidance, training and expert advice on both legislation and company policies, and procedures.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing support, guidance and advice on any H&S related issues that arise within the designated region
- Performing health and safety audits
- Carrying out regular property inspections
- Proactively considering H&S performance in order to identify areas for improvement and ensure that appropriate corrective or preventative actions are taken
- Delivering and supporting the business in providing health and safety training
- Supporting the business in carrying out workplace safety risk assessments
- Carrying out internal fire risk assessments
- Investigating all RIDDOR and/or serious accidents or incidents
- Supporting the team in creating and reviewing existing documentation in respect of the Health and Safety Management System
- Providing ongoing support to meet changing business needs and to account for changes in legislation and agreed/requested amendments
- Supporting the business in setting and achieving its aims and objectives as set out in Statement of Intent and Group H&S Policy
- Supporting the business in delivering student safety campaigns
What we look for in you
- The ability to demonstrate significant experience of working as a Health & Safety practitioner
- Hold appropriate professional qualifications including NEBOSH National Diploma Level 6 (or equivalent) and GradIOSH (or equivalent)
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Fire Safety Management (or similar)
- Experience of using a range of different health and safety tools and techniques with comprehensive technical knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail with a track record of producing high quality work on time and to budget
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Company car
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job