Regional Health and Safety Manager
Location: You will be responsible for a region that includes Bristol, Bath, Plymouth, Exeter, Swindon, Loughborough, Nottingham, Leicester and Coventry.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
A driving licence valid for the UK is essential for this role.
What to expect as Regional Health and Safety Manager
The Health and Safety team`s mission is to advise and assist the business ensuring workplace safety, fire safety and the security of all people, including customers, employees and visitors that enter our properties.
You`ll be responsible for:
- Performing regular audits and monitoring workplace and fire safety performance to identify areas for improvement, ensuring that appropriate corrective or preventative actions are taken
- the preparation of workplace and fire safety audit reports
- the preparation of health and safety procedural documentation
- leading necessary accident / incident investigation and reporting
- the ownership, control and continuous improvement of the company`s Safety Management Systems.
What we look for in you
- The ability to demonstrate significant experience of working as a Health & Safety practitioner
- Hold appropriate professional qualifications including NEBOSH National Diploma Level 5 (or equivalent) and GradIOSH (or equivalent)
- Possesses a qualification to carry out Fire Assessment inspections (excluding fire engineering design) for example NEBOSH General Certificate in Fire Safety Management
- Experience of using a range of different health and safety tools and techniques with comprehensive technical knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail with a track record of producing high quality work on time and to budget
What Unite Students is all about!
We`ve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. We`ve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- We`ve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so you`ll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days` holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job