Regional Health & Safety Advisor - Building Services /BMS/Electrical
Due to strong continued growth within a leading Building Management Systems, a fantastic opportunity has opened up to join the companies Healthy and Safety Team . The business has a long history of innovation due to the larger group structure there is great forward potential for progression..
We are searching for a proven H&S professional to join our ever growing business, ideally you will be located near to major transport links in the Midlands to Southern region. You will be responsible and accountable for a large portfolio across multiple non static sites, which will have varying degrees of attention required; as the company has a very large range of projects ranging from the tens of thousands of pounds to contracts running well into the millions.
Electrical experience would be a major advantage and previos experience or knowledge of asbestos would be beneficial
You will be providing solutions in planned, preventative and reactive contracts together with system upgrade and overhauls and work closely with the Head of Health & Safety in developing a sound strategy.
- To undertake a national role handling H&S issues, although primarily working from one of the southern based offices.
- To provide daily guidance and advice to office and site-based personnel, and promote the highest standards of H&S.
- To work with managers and staff to ensure safe systems are prepared and reviewed as necessary.
- To assist project teams with H&S related issues.
- To undertake office and site inspections/audits and provide associated information to regional teams.
- To undertake internal audits in line with ISO 9001, 14001 & 50001.
- To attend office meetings, where requested, in order to provide H&S updates/progress/training.
- To assist with the development and communication of H&S policy & procedures and ensure compliance.
- To ensure routine H&S activities and checks are carried out within the regional offices, e.g. portable appliance testing.
- To report on H&S performance, inspections and accident investigations at a regional level.
- To have an awareness of safeguarding procedures and protocols, and to undertake relevant training.
- To contribute to the development of a respectful and mutually supportive working environment.
Background and experience:
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (or equivalent).
- Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) at Technician Member level
- (or above).
- Has experience of or can demonstrate the ability to manage CDM related processes & practices.
- Has experience of or can demonstrate the ability to work within a facilities management environment.
- Understanding of Management System Standards (ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS18001).
- Ability to travel between offices/sites.
- Knowledge of the BMS industry would be an advantage (but not essential).
- Knowledge of the M&E industry would be an advantage (but not essential).
The company are looking to secure the next 5-10 years of their growth and as such are investing heavily in there human capital. To be part of this moving forward then apply now !
- health and safetty
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job