Regional Fundraising Officer (12 Month FTC)
Home/Field Based (covering the East of England)
Are you a passionate community fundraising professional with a soft spot for furry friends and all manner of animals? Could you help an incredible charity to fund activities for the future by playing a key role in fundraising right now? If so, read on.
About Our Client:
Our client is one the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. They support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through their rehoming, veterinary and education programmes. Our client is working to rehome 20,000 pets by 2020 and so they are looking for a Regional Fundraising Officer to help them achieve their targets.
- Salary of £22,360 - £26,000
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life Insurance following probationary period
- The chance to do some real good for pets across the UK
Our client’s organisation has been around for over 100 years and they have been campaigning, progressing, growing and advancing animal welfare the entire time. Now, after 120 years in operation, Her Majesty the Queen is their Patron and they have shops, rehoming centres and veterinary practices right across the UK.
This role comes complete with a real feel-good factor. You can rest assured that the effort you put in will support animals and enable our client’s work for years to come. The charity sector is an amazing place to grow professionally and our client will support you in your growth in any way that they can.
As a Regional Fundraising Officer, you will be tasked with developing community fundraising throughout the East of England.
Joining the Community & Fundraising Events Team, you will develop and implement fundraising plans for your region.
Specifically, this will involve:
- Enhancing existing, and developing new, fundraising activities
- Identifying and supporting fundraising opportunities
- Cultivating and recruiting volunteers
- Planning and managing a programme of fundraising projects
- Encouraging staff to become involved in fundraising activities
- Working with internal teams to make sure all income is accounted for
To be considered as a Regional Fundraising Officer, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of community fundraising, including running regional local fundraising appeals
- Experience in the recruitment and management of volunteer fundraising groups and individual fundraisers
- A proven track record of planning fundraising event programmes and evaluating fundraising opportunities
- Experience of working with fundraising teams to deliver diverse activities including events, corporate partnerships and key supporter/cultivation activities
- Previous experience of working with the media
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, databases and the internet
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent)
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
A Certificate in Fundraising would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of fundraising databases, ideally CARE.
Other organisations may call this role Regional Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Officer, Community Fundraising Officer, Community Fundraiser, Fundraising Project Manager, Charity Fundraiser, or Charity Fundraising Officer.
Please note, this is a fixed-term contract lasting 12 months.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So if you are a Regional Fundraising Officer looking to do some genuine good in your career, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.