Regional Fleet Engineer - North West
Biffa plc is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
To provide leadership and direction for the regional fleet workshops; ensuring successful delivery of all commercial, health and safety and operational results.
1 Supporting the delivery of business growth within region, through key objectives
2 Responsible for Municipal fleet compliance in respect of the operator`s licence, by undertaking relevant and appropriate audits, monitor MOT pass rates and workshop performance in line with the relevant KPI`s
3 Manage third party service provider contracts across operating locations ensuring performance is in-line with the relevant contract KPi`s & SLA`s
4 To review financial and operational performance with BM & RM`s, managing and communication of operational assets and/or staff, to deliver a profitable business and location business continuity with great customer service standards.
5 Actively manage the business scorecard KPI`s, by setting targets and reviewing workshop performance and taking appropriate action to ensure optimum return on assets.
6 Accountable for the management of Health and Safety within the region in line with the Company health and safety standard
7 Provide clear leadership across all sites within region; develop and inspire people to work together to achieve objectives; manage team and individual performance to provide excellent business results.
8 Manage Warranty Claim Recovery with relevant Manufacturer ensuring recovery of all costs in-line with agreed recharge structures.
9 Ensure compliance and delivery of accredited Management Systems and audit success
10 Responsible for maximising vehicle uptime and minimizing impact on business
11 Specific project work designated by Group Fleet Engineer ie contract mobilisations, product development etc
12 Updating Fleetwave KPI dates and review
13 Providing day to day communication to support to Operations and senior team
14 Employee engagement work
Nature and Scope
Working Together Safely
• Responsible to ensure legislative compliance at all times by all staff
• Lead the culture of adherence to all relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained.
First Choice for Customers
• Drive the continuous improvement of customer and service provision
Easy to do Business With
• Responsible for core performance metrics, so as to ensure that they are met and where possible exceeded.
Building Pride in Biffa
• Coach and Mentor staff where appropriate
• Leads and motivates staff through positive employee engagement through open communication
• Develops the Workshop Managers / Foreman to meet financial and efficiency targets through a continuous improvement approach.
• Assist locations with improving financial performance for the operations within region, ensuring the site meets budget commitments.
Education / Qualifications
• Relevant Technical Qualification
• National and or International CPC
• Member IRTE or Other recognised Industry Body.
• Lean Management Understanding
• Extensive experience of profit & loss management
• Previous Industry experience
• Extensive transport / logistics knowledge•
- Lean management
- Fleet Engineer