Regional Sales Manager - To support and develop a regional sales team of 9 for the best recognised hygiene and washroom service provider in the UK. With a field based coaching team to support your efforts in developing a long term sales tenure and a culture of success, you will enjoy a basic salary of £45,000 and ote of £75,000 plus car / car allowance and all the usual benefits.
Area: Bristol, South West ( Worcester, South Wales, Bristol and Avon, Somerset, Swindon, Devon)
Experienced sales manager with a background in the service / contract service arena who can demonstrate sales process and structure in their previous successful positions we be shortlisted as a priority.
Effective leadership and management of the field sales consultants within the designated region to drive the delivery of profitable new business. Ensure that all activities undertaken maximise productivity and effectiveness. Use coaching to build the quality of the team in terms of sales skills, product and industry knowledge. Make sure the field team make an appropriate contribution to delivering on behalf of the overall front line team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of New Business Sales Consultants to deliver against business objectives and the sales plan for your region.
- Role model the values and behaviours expected within the team leading by example and demonstrating an understanding of the impact your behaviour has on others.
- Effectively and clearly communicate the business objectives and sales plans to your team encouraging them to work closely with the wider front line team and establish a collaborative approach to sales activity.
- Use a range of effective strategies to influence other key areas of the business to achieve sales and business goals.
- Drive performance against targets in line with business objectives, coaching and developing your team to continually improve.
- Regularly and consistently measure and manage performance of each individual against the sales plan and their targets.
- Support the team members with commercial direction and more complex negotiations to help win profitable business for the team.
- Motivate and inspire the team to exceed their defined productivity and sales targets, celebrating success and recognising and rewarding great performance and behaviour.
- Ensure that changes and updates to business objectives or ways of working are communicated clearly and thoroughly so that your team understand the context of the changes and how they will be affected
- Select and train the field sales individuals in order to build a competent and knowledgeable team of sales professionals.
- Person Requirements
- Previous experience of successfully managing a large B2B field sales team.
- Proven experiencing of leading and motivating people to drive engagement and performance.
- Proven experience of clear and effective performance management, driving performance with data and setting clear expectations.
- Proven ability to select and develop talented individuals and a track record of motivating a field based team.
- Strong understanding of the sales process required in a business to business environment.
- Experience of on-job coaching to improve performance and eliminate inappropriate behaviours and practices.
- Strong analysis and reporting skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Strong numeracy and presentation skills.
- Field Sales
- Sales Management
- Sales Process
- Sales Training
- Workplace Solutions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job