Regional Facilities Manager
Location: Nationwide Coverage – Greater Manchester
Reporting to: Group Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager required on permanent basis for well established leader, UK and Ireland, in the food and drink logistics market covering 10 site locations.
Reporting to the Group Facilities Manager you will work closely with a number of key stakeholders to manage and develop a supply base across the facilities management category, covering all services and consumables. You will be responsible for the cost-effective management of services and processes that support the core of the business and you will lead and coordinate initiatives to optimize commercial return whilst ensuring the highest levels of customer service delivery and value are implemented. You will ensure that the organisation has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities across all our sites within the UK and Ireland. You will create and lead a review process to ensure appropriate objective measurements are enacted resulting in meaningful KPI management to support the commercial decision making process.
The key focus of this role will be on cost management, process and procedure development, relationship management and proactive supplier development and rationalisation. Your effectiveness in achieving cost savings, value add negotiations and category management will be a major component of achieving success within this business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Procurement and contract management
- Catering and vending
- Utilities and communications infrastructure
- Space Management
- Project management, supervising and coordinating work of contractors
- Manage and ensure contractors follow Culina Group H&S procedures
- Preparing tender documents to put out for contractors
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Liaising with Depots to manage planned maintenance of Culina Group premises
- Directing and planning essential central services such as building maintenance
- Ensuring the building / premises meets health and safety requirements
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or reorganizing current premises
- Managing & accessing building dilapidation prior to hand back of premises
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
Skills & Competencies:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in similar role
- HNC or equivalent in electrical /mechanical/ building services would be an advantage
- To be professional and able to operate as a team player or individually as necessary
- Confident in communicating and dealing with people at all levels both internally with colleagues and externally with contractors
- Able to work effectively and without direct supervision
- Conscientious and reliable
- Able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Effectively prioritise work load in order to meet set deadlines
- Be proactive and able to make decisions
- Computer literate including MS Excel and Word
The Successful Applicant:
The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear track record of achievement within the facilities management procurement arena. You will be adept at dealing with fast moving commercial requirements utilising your obvious negotiation, contract management and commercial awareness. You will be able to set procurement strategy and direction for the facilities management category and deal with extensive organisational changes within this area. Your presentation and influencing skills will be first-class
The Culina Group provides high-quality logistics and related services for food & drink grocery brands.
We are totally customer focused and specialise in the development and implementation of total supply chain solutions for major or niche ambient and chilled brand manufacturers and distributors.
Our goal is to establish a customer orientated one-stop solution that can meet existing and future challenges that are faced by food, drink and grocery manufacturers and the changing demands of the retail sector.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job