The role of the Regional Facilities M&E Manager is to negotiate, manage and monitor the performance of external contractors on both hard and soft services. To provide technical expertise enabling them to motivate and manage contractors in the provision of engineering and building fabric services within a defined geographical area to meet commercial needs, customer service, quality, environmental and Health and Safety requirements in the most effective manner.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Managing external contractors to ensure delivery of service against contract
- Collating and building asset information by sites and working with the Helpdesk to build site profiles
- Building O&M libraries on your respective sites
- Oversee Switchgear, UPS and Generator and Building Fabric maintenance
- Make recommendations on life cycle and condition of assets and their efficiency
- Assessing Method Statements and Risk Assessments of all contractors
- Assisting in the implementation of Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
- Reviewing contractor paperwork to ensure compliance with legislation and contractual obligations
- Witnessing the commissioning of new installations and ensuring handover documentation is received and correct
- Managing specific projects , manage project delivery, churn and the associated resources and act as the single point of contact
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with project sponsors and other key stakeholders, both internal and external to ensure full commitment and support for the success of the project
- Requirement to be on an on-call rota which covers out of hours Fabric and Build and M&E emergencies. Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Demonstrable experience of working or supervising at a high technical level within a complex mechanical and or electrical environment.
- HND qualified with a thorough understanding of Electrical and Mechanical engineering and at hands on experience working as an Engineer
- Thorough understanding of statutory and legislative requirements
- Ability to hold and minute regular contractor performance review meetings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including client communication at a senior level
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Self driven with a can do attitude
- Flexible and professional approach to work
- Able to mentor and supervise others
- Knowledge of Health and Safety (contractor duties)
- Sound financial and commercial awareness
- Strong project management and co-ordination skills
- Good Computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and focused
- Must hold a full driving license
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Electrical Engineering
- Facilities Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Contractor Management