REGIONAL ESTIMATING MANAGER
REGIONAL ESTIMATING MANAGER - MAJOR CIVIL ENGINEERING SCHEMES IN ROAD, HIGHWAYS & INFRASTRUCTURE NETWORKS
"High profile career development and leadership opportunity for experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join commercial team as Regional Estimating Manager for a UK Market leader"
c£55,000 + Car, Bonus + Blue Chip Benefits
Regional Field Based role
Location: East Midlands/West Midlands
Commutable from Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Nottingham, Derbyshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Cheshire, Staffordshire
Our client is a market leader with a track record of winning and delivering major civil engineering schemes including roads, highways and infrastructure networks. This is an excellent regional career development opportunity for a degree educated Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimating Manager or Commercial Specialist to further deploy their leadership experience in the management of a small team of Estimators, supporting the regional business unit in the Midlands and Central region with the delivery of commercial strategy, business plans and objectives.
As Estimating Manager, reporting to a Senior Commercial Executive level, you will identify and secure key strategic commercial opportunities to deliver budgeted volumes, margin expectations and growth. You will also manage, support and guide the commercial estimating team to ensure that robust tenders are submitted on time and to the highest quality.
This role would be ideally suited to a degree educated, quantity surveying professional. You will be operating as a critical member of the regional team comprising of general and operations management, commercial sales, quantity surveyors, contract/client managers. Therefore, you will demonstrate excellent persuasion, influencing, engagement and commercial skills gained within a matrix environment. You will definitely be a trusted, reliable and innovative team player. You will be comfortable presenting and negotiating with major construction sector clients at both site and board level, Team leadership experience will be essential to success. Experience gained with major infrastructure, highways or large-scale commercial/industrial construction projects would be highly advantageous. This experience may have been gained within the construction materials sector or within a main or sub-contractor.
- Contribute to the development and the effective delivery of the regional business unit commercial strategy.
- Take a lead role in identifying and securing a pipeline of commercial opportunities to secure a long-term work bank.
- Ensure that quality, competitive tenders are submitted and key targeted contracts are won, taking into account business capacity, margins, financial and contractual risks.
- Undertake pre-contract commercial reviews with the operations and QS/Quantity Surveying teams to identify opportunities and risk within proposed future contracts.
- Manage the production and submission of all tender information relating to commercial functions, including external commercial consultancy resources.
- Encourage and promote the use of alternative sustainable internal materials.
- Manage and develop beneficial commercial relationships with new and existing customers/clients in order to develop and expand market share in line with the national commercial strategy.
- To ensure policies and procedures including health and safety requirements are fully compliant with legislation, and changes are effectively communicated.
- Coach, lead, manage and develop a motivated Commercial team to achieve the Company’s objectives
The Ideal Applicant:
- University degree educated in Civil Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or similar subjects.
- Strong consistent, fast track career progression within commercial, estimating, quantity surveying roles within the construction, ideally infrastructure, rail, highways or large commercial/industrial projects sector.
- Extensive experience of engaging, persuading, influencing and negotiating with both internal and external teams and stakeholders within a matrix environment.
- You will demonstrate a strong customer focus, building partnerships and using your deep understanding of customer needs to implement ideas that deliver value.
- You will continuously identify and create new and innovative ways of conducting business and driving improvements.
- You will create a positive team culture and demonstrate leadership and influence within and beyond your team.
- You will be a strong team player, building relationships with other cross functional teams at all level across the region to share ideas, break down silos and maximise performance, focusing on improving team dynamics and raising team spirit.
- You will be driven and hungry to improve and innovate. Your track record to date will be described as consistent and fast track and you will be highly ambitious.
- You will demonstrate confidence, and a strength of character which is charismatic, with plenty of gravitas and a calm and resilient personality when it comes to rationale and logical decision making and negotiating.
- Experience of tendering for major £multi million civil engineering projects/schemes.
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'