Regional Estates Advisor
Covering Scotland, Northern Ireland and North England, but you will ideally be based in Scotland
Salary: £27,000 p.a. plus carAn excellent opportunity for a professional to truly make their mark!
About the role
The Regional Estates Advisor (REA) is to act as the focal point for all matters relating to, Estates Hard and Soft FM, Equipment, Vehicles, ICS, and Safety, Health and Environmental matters to Responsible Persons within those RG Recruiting locations within their area of responsibility, providing assistance, guidance, support and oversight as required.
In addition the REA is required to raise awareness of SHE and to identify potential areas of concern. Working with Responsible Persons and office staff, the incumbent will take proactive action to reduce and/or eliminate risks and ensure that records are maintained in line with policy and legislation.
The role will require travel between sites within designated regional areas to provide logistical support and carry out SHE verification audits following input to Capita System.
The role will therefore be fast paced and will require someone to work under minimum supervision.
What you will do:
- Provision of proactive supply chain, property, transport, equipment and IT Asset management. Providing support and advice to AFCO's, ACC's, AC's and Outreach Teams within their designated region and to the Regional Operations Manager and his/her staff.
- Provision of Safety, Health and Environment support across the designated region using current governance and legislative documents, media and pamphlets and to cultivate a culture of improvement of Health and Safety and activities in all RG sites.
- Provide advice to support the completion of SHE audits, risk assessments and generate a 'safe culture' as directed by the Property and SHE Manager in conjunction with local representatives and competent persons.
- Produce SHE routine and investigation reports, with clear findings and objectives, for improvement from all audits and investigations on near misses / accidents.
- Budgetary responsibilities (delegated authority).
- Locally manage all contracts and sub-contracts in the region.
- Provision of Project Management to sites that are due change due to lease date end or renewal. To include management of all dilapidations, structural change, internal change and interim consequential moves.
- Conduct of managerial inspections to ensure assurance of policy and process as required under current governance and regulations.
Your experience will include:
- Full clean driving licence
- Understanding of Asset Management and Accounting - End-to-End supply chain.
- Experience of managing SHE for a large scale service
- Ability to influence others
- Good Project Management skills
- SHE qualifications (minimum IOSH Managing safely - or equivalent)
- Understanding of Property / Buildings (Understanding FM - BIFM or equivalent)
- Excellent communication, writing and inter personal skills
- Good organisation and reporting skills
- IT literate
IOSH Managing Safely and Facilities experience
- NEBOSH (GC).
- Military experience
*Strong planning and organisational skills (proficient with Microsoft Office (esp Word & Excel))
*Good communication skills, ability to keep all informed in region and HQ
*Conscientious and able to prioritise effectively
*Good organisation and reporting skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job