Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Regional Driver Trainer which is a Homeworking/Roaming role. You will cover an area from North Wales up into Cumbria.
A quick look at the role.
The Regional Driver Trainer role will have a regional responsibility to provide and support transport training for drivers and staff across the collections business. This will include remote and classroom-based Driver CPC to ensure Biffa are able to meet legal requirements and business specific mode training.
The role will provide and support frontline driver training and ensure that company standards, legal requirements and quality of delivery are all satisfied and achieved to a high standard.
As well as delivering engaging training material, the Regional Driver Trainer will help to ensure that depots remain on target with CPC training over the five-year cycle.
The Regional Driver Trainer will also respond to needs from across the group and within the assigned region, working with a high degree of autonomy to provide operational training solutions.
Working alongside Fleet, SHEQ and HR colleagues in particular, this will ensure compliance and best practice are followed and the scoping and designing of transport training material is supported/based on technical, safety and operational needs.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Providing frontline Driver Training in support of the Collections Operations, ensuring that safety and compliance standards are met at all times.
- Supplying sufficient remote & classroom Driver CPC training to ensure that drivers in all divisions meet the legal requirement and Biffa can continue to operate.
- Making certain that internal instructors (e.g. DBTs) are competent to perform their role by providing accredited instructor skills training along with ongoing support and assessment.
- Ensuring that divisional and depot training needs are met, e.g. programmes for acquisitions, start-ups and compliance campaigns.
- Working with Fleet Management to ensure that new vehicle technology is identified, and that suitable training is provided in a timely way for drivers and operators.
- Contributing to the design and production of training materials.
- Ensuring that training requirements are met and records maintained for all frontline employees within region. Utilising the available data and showing return on investment through specified reports.
- Carrying out any other reasonable job-related tasks that the company may require.
Here's what we require:
- LGV Entitlement (C or C+E).
- Teaching Qualification: Level 4 CET.
- Being Assessor qualified is desirable.
- Transport Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is desirable.
- Experience of 3 years + of LGV driving.
- Minimum of 3 years in assessment, coaching and training.
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and Health & Safety legislation.
- Good knowledge of the Transport and Logistics industry.
- Knowledge of the standards required for mechanical fitness of vehicle and equipment.
- Excellent communication skill with the ability to communicate in writing, on a one to one basis and via the phone with all levels including management, team members and internal/external customers.
- Ability to construct/write good quality reports.
- Ability to present confidently to groups.
- Confidence to authoritative during training along with being assertive and diplomatic.
- Possess a passion for operational H&S.
- Confident and outgoing character who is happy to integrate with different operational teams.
- Computer literate - comfortable using business software and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically strong knowledge of Excel).
- Flexible approach to working time and a commitment to up to 18 working Saturdays per year.
- Willingness to travel frequently with some overnight stays required.
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Plus, much more......
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
- Data Analysis
- Teaching Qualification
- Driver Trainer
- Waste Managemet
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'