Regional Director – Central and South West
Package to attract exceptional candidates
Based at a BMI location within the Region
BMI Healthcare is currently seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual in the role of Regional Director, Central & South West. This role will report directly to the CEO and be part of the BMI Operations Committee.
BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest private hospital group and whilst BMI’s primary focus has always been treating private patients, over recent years BMI Healthcare has become a dynamic partner to the NHS and is one of the major independent sector providers of surgical services under the NHS Choose and Book programme.
BMI Healthcare has 59 hospitals and treatment centres across the UK and delivers 115 different specialties and services whilst maintaining a good or excellent patient satisfaction rating of 97%. We partner with 6,500 consultant specialists and employ over 9,500 staff. In a typical year we will have over 1.5 million outpatient visits and 276,000 inpatient and day case visits.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic professional used to managing the operating business of a large geographically diverse portfolio within the health care sector. He/she must be passionate about driving a culture of high achievement across BMI hospitals while ensuring that all our stakeholders’ needs are considered and a long-term platform is developed for continued success and growth.
Commercially focused the applicant must have experience of delivering high quality services that exceed customer expectations whilst operating within tight and defined operational parameters. The successful applicant is likely to have higher management qualifications, significant operational experience and be able to inspire, lead and develop a large team of professionals to deliver exceptional results.
This role will work closely with the Operations and Executive Teams and the key areas of functional responsibility will include:
- Directly manage a team of Hospital based Executive Directors to deliver the business’s operational plan
- Deliver a safe and healthy environment for staff and patients to interact in
- Develop effective leadership at all levels so that the organisation has the operational talent it needs to grow and develop
- Ensure through a rigorous process of target setting and review that each business develops to its maximum potential taking advantage of its local opportunities and any national trends
- Ensure that the BMI Hospitals meet their annual financial and business targets and that robust steps are taken where performance doesn’t match expectations
- Deliver an operating model that recognises the benefits of consistently applying core values and ways of working across a diverse estate
- Ensure that a positive and professional mutually beneficial relationship is developed with key consultants within the appropriate legal and statutory frameworks
- Act as the final escalation point for regional operational issues taking the necessary steps to resolve and manage as appropriate
The ideal person will have the following skills and experience:
- Formal management qualifications
- Ability to work closely with the CEO, Operations and Executive Committees to provide support and constructive input into strategic and operational priorities for the BMI
- Excellent understanding of risk management, clinical and corporate governance and the regulatory environment
- An inspirational leader able to motivate and engage a wide and dispersed team
- Proven track record of success at a senior level in a multi-site organisation
- Significant operational experience in Private Hospital operational management
- Empathy and understanding of the private healthcare sector
- Proven ability to positively implement change
- Self-motivated and confident with an ability to motivate the team and achieve tight deadlines
- Commercially aware, having a real sense of the key levers of the business, and not afraid to work in the operational details
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and written communication skills.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join Britain’s largest private hospital group and help drive it forward. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Karen Prins, Chief Executive Officer on +44 (0).
Further details about the role and a job description can be obtained from Robin Copeland, BMI Healthcare, National Director, People, Performance and Quality at . Applications including a full CV and a covering letter should be uploaded on the BMI jobs website (link) by close of business Thursday 8th March 2018.
Third party applications will not be entertained.