Regional Development Manager / Key Account / Area Sales
A Business Development Manager / Area Sales Manager is required for a worldwide automotivesupplier as first line contact with external customers. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with customersupport skills and knowledge of vehicle / carpartsand the AutomotiveAftermarket.
Our client is a leading worldwideautomotivesupplier of enginetechnology and parts. With an excellent distribution network, they offer qualityOEproducts for the automotive aftermarket, and commercial vehicle garages and workshops.
Ideally located – Oxford, Northampton, Coventry, Birmingham, Worcester, Wolverhampton, Derby, Nottingham, Stoke, Manchester, Leeds
£37.5 - 40k Circa, Basic + Bonus + Car + Benefits
This is a field based role with responsibility for the management of a geographicallydefinedarea. Your remit will be to develop profitable sales to target in line with the company’s strategy and goals.
- Provide budget and sales forecasts.
- To achieveturnover and margintargets as specified by the General Sales Manager to grow the business.
- Identify and createsupplyagreements with the best distributionpartners.
- Manage independent distribution to maximise cost effective market penetration for company products and services.
- Support national and key accounts that fall within your defined area.
- Produce monthly reports detailing area activity and performance against targets.
- Present quarterly review of area at General Sales Meeting to provide managers with up to date information of their area sales performance.
- Supply customer feedback and competitor activity to management representative for review. This information is used to build a better understanding of competitor activity.
- The desired candidate will have proven automotive aftermarketexperience with a clear understanding of aftermarket distribution/ buying groups.
- Knowledge of automotive aftermarket parts and components along with proven selling skills is essential.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to build relationships with customers, key market figures and internal personnel.
- Good PC skills are desirable (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- You will be hardworking, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have drive and enthusiasm for both sales and the automotive sector.
- You will be commercially astute and able to manage and champion change. Excellent influencing skills and customer focus is required as is the ability to set and deliver challenging goals.
Apply in Confidence
Julian is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Julian and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2755 JC
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs