Our client, a regional Wealth Management firm with a national presence, is looking to strengthen its Compliance function with the appointment of an experienced Regional Development Consultant.
This business, established as a regional IFA practice initially, has gone from strength to strength in recent years, completing a series of mergers and acquisitions. It now boasts a UK-wide presence, with a number of offices in key locations across the country. It provides first class private wealth management solutions for a broad client base of high net worth individuals and corporate clients.
A field based role, you will essentially be responsible for all T&C and compliance monitoring for a large team (c25) of IFA’s in the north, covering offices in Yorkshire, Manchester and Scotland. More specifically, your duties will include:
- Manage the training and development of a team of IFAs, conducting induction training for IFA’s.
- Participate in role-play assessment of IFAs.
- Manage and supervise IFAs’ performance and provide appropriate levels of oversight from non-competent to competent status.
- Undertake training needs analysis and prepare development plans to address learning needs.
- Investigate areas of underperformance, report findings and recommended remedial action.
- Conduct Observation and Assessment of IFAs’ advisory skills to demonstrate their ongoing competency, and to identify training needs.
- Undertake pre-sale and post-sale client file reviews, instructing remedial action.
- Gather appropriate management information to enable appropriate assessment of performance.
- Hold 1:1 development meetings with IFAs.
- Provide advice and guidance to assist the IFAs in maintenance of regulatory knowledge.
- Ensure IFAs undertake appropriate levels of CPD tailored to learning needs and which meets minimum regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with Group Compliance and Risk Director / Regulatory Risk Manager on regulatory matters of potential concern or risk in a timely manner, and assist in regulatory projects as directed.
- Report on supervision activity, issues and trends to ensure Group Compliance and Risk Director / Regulatory Risk Manager are regularly informed and that TCF is embedded in the business.
It is vital that you have relevant experience within a similar position and experience of T&C and file reviews across life, pensions and investments. Ideally, you will be Level 4 Diploma qualified, though our client will consider applications from candidates that have substantial 'on the job’ experience.
In return, you will enjoy a generous basic salary, reflective of your experience and qualifications, together with additional benefits. This role presents an opportunity for career progression both in the mid and longer-term.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
Financial Services and General Insurance Recruitment
For more jobs like this, or for more information on how we may be able to help you in your search for a new job, please visit our website.