Regional Courier Planner - Transport/ Distribution /Parcels - Dunstable
Salary £30-£32K Base
Our client is a very large UK distribution business
To plan and oversee the regional planning requirements that will ensure delivery of service is co-ordinated and delivered by the field and courier team in a timely, efficient way that increases output in the region.
- Setting Pipeline targets and measure success, highlighting problem areas.
- Responsible for measuring and improving recruitment activity regionally.
- Responsible for co-ordinating Courier Pipeline solutions ensuring hard to fill areas are regularly targeted by using all methods including advertising, mail shots and recruitment days.
- Analysing courier churn and identifying ways to improve.
- Responsible for regional round planning and round cost control.
- Responsible for regular review of round costs against Regional Budgetary targets.
- Support Contractor team with round planning and cost improvements to parcel rates.
- Responsible for round coverage improvements for the region which includes:
- Next Day
- Light and Large
- Peak/Peak collapsing
- Plan round changes within the region
Responsible for co-ordinating Region/ Field Activity including:
- Sub depot visits
- Courier Reviews
- Compliance Visits
- Any other deemed necessary by the RDM
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of Excel with ability to create spread sheets, data lookups and pivot tables to analyse data.
- Proven ability to be productive in current role, Self-motivated with ability and drive to get things done.
- Previous experience with a particular emphasis on planning and co-ordination.
- Evidence in seeing the bigger picture and understanding how good planning methodology can support the business efficiency.
- Problem solving and planning effective contingencies and solutions.
- Professional appearance, articulate and able to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Competent influencing skills
- Ability to create informative presentations which communicate information visually.
- Familiarity with planning tools such as Geoplan, Map Point, Paragon, etc.
- Proven relationship management and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional Customer service experience.