At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a top 10 place in the top 30 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business and are now looking to recruit:
Regional Contracts Manager – Glasgow/Edinburgh
As we meet the ever growing demands and success of our Contracts division we are looking for dynamic and experienced Regional Contracts Managers to join our team. You will identify new contract business opportunities from a variety of potentials including Housing Associations, Construction/New Builds and Developers etc. in order to promote and sell Howdens kitchens, appliances and accessories. You will need a background in sales and experience of business development and securing major contracts ideally in construction.
As you will be the main contact for your area Howdens reputation sits with you, therefore you must have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and an exceptional talent for building and securing business relationships.
Responsibilities in brief:
- Meet and surpass sales targets through developing new and existing contracts
- Identify and secure potential leads in your region
- Make initial contact with potential customers including Builders, Developers, and Housing Associations etc.
- Promote and sell Howdens services and outstanding kitchen ranges, appliances and accessories
- Working closely with the Kitchen CAD designer to produce innovative, creative kitchen solutions to meet the needs of the end user within the restraints of the budget
- Build solid working relationships with customers to ensure success of current contract and future potential
- Be the first point of contact for queries, concerns and changes by offering practical solutions
- Keep abreast of the progress and development of all contracts in your region
Personal attributes and skills
- Proven experience in business development, ideally in construction or trade
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deliver within budget and time restraints
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels
- Passionate about customer care and building business through trust and recommendations
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify customers’ needs and turn concerns/challenges into a commercial opportunity
- Proven experience of meeting and surpassing sales targets
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Self-starter who is flexible, approachable and a team player
- Hold a full driving license
Howdens deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including;
- Competitive salary
- Company car, lap-top, mobile
- Bonus (profit related)
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Team incentives and outings
- 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
- Long service awards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job