Regional Compliance Manager - IFA Network Scotland
The purpose of the Regional Compliance Manager role is to contribute to the work of the Compliance Department in delivering adviser training, competence and development schemes across the group’s main authorised subsidiary businesses.
The role holder will work with financial planners, regional development directors and members of the compliance department to ensure financial planners. This is part of a wider team of 5 RCM - across the business. The appointment is looking to start in July 2018.
- Provide the highest possible standards of advice and service to clients
- Attain and maintain competence to perform the roles for which they are engaged
- Understand and meet their regulatory responsibilities
- Adhere to group policies and procedures
- Promote the interests of the group
- Adhere to and promote the group’s vision and values
The role holder will also contribute to the visibility of the compliance team at hub/regional level by being engaging effectively with colleagues on a day-to-day basis.
Duties and key result areas:
The Regional Compliance Manager is responsible for:
- Undertaking 1:1s/role-plays/assessments/observations with planners in accordance with the applicable T&C schemes
- Undertaking compliance related elements of planner induction in respect of the region/hub for which they are responsible
- Obtaining, assessing, evaluating and monitor relevant KPIs and MI
- Monitor completion of relevant/structured CPD by retail investment advisers , highlighting any concerns and working with advisers to ensure rectification work completed in a timely manner
- Reviewing the findings of pre and post-sale file checks and ensuring that any training needs are identified, addressed and validated in a timely manner
- Providing file review support to the business quality team on a contingency basis
- Delivering the Tier 1 pre-approval regime in their region/hub
- Maintaining risk ratings for planners in accordance with the T&C scheme
- Promoting and embodying vision and values
- Liaising with the relevant Regional Development Director and Group Head of Learning and Development to identify appropriate solutions to individual or collective planner training needs
- Liaising with the Head of Policy and contributing to root cause analysis into complaints relating to planners in the region/hub
- Meeting with the relevant Regional Development Director on a regular basis to discuss issues or mutual interest and importance
- Disseminating compliance policy and procedure at region/hub level via meeting
- Providing the Head of Compliance Operations and Delivery with regular reports on activity
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum qualified to Level 4 in a RDR qualification, e.g. Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- Relevant T&C qualification, e.g. H15, JO7 (Supervision in a Regulated Environment)
- Desireable AF6 - Senior management and supervision
- Good knowledge of platforms and products from a technical as well as regulatory perspective
- Strong knowledge of the UK regulatory framework and the FCA Handbook.
- Knowledge and awareness of forthcoming regulatory changes, e.g. MiFID 2 and GDPR
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- First class communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to plan and deliver a schedule of work to agreed timescales
- Coaching and development
- Drive for sustained excellence and continued improvement
- Works proactively while recognising boundaries of authority and responsibility
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to recognise needs of a particular audience and tailor approach accordingly
- Able to liaise with internal stakeholders and quickly gain credibility as a professional and competent colleague
This is a regional role covering Scotland - will interface with office based in Glasgow - but element of flex to be based from home covering the wider Scottish region.
- Financial Planning
- Wealth Management Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"