CSP has a longstanding contract with the Jockey Club to plan and deliver all of their 'soft service’ requirements at the three London region racecourses. These soft services include their 24-hour security and concierge, cleaning and portering; and event stewarding and security, cash & audit, and traffic management/car parking.
The Regional Cleaning Manager will be accountable for CSP’s Cleaning service at the London Region Racecourses (Sandown Park Racecourse, Kempton Park Racecourse and Epsom Downs Racecourse); working with the General Managers and their teams at each site to ensure the venues are presented to the highest possible standard, with the 'customer journey’ in the forefront of planning and execution.
With your experience and expertise your responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside CSP Management at the racecourses to develop the cleaning Centre of Excellence at Sandown Park Racecourse
- Ensuring that the three London region racecourse venues are presented to the highest possible standard throughout the year, and that the venue General Managers have suitable planning resource and support for their major events.
- Develop full equipment inventories and manage the acquisition, maintenance and any relevant training for that equipment within defined budgets
- Leading the development of annual cleaning maintenance schedules across the region to ensure that it is undertaken in an effective and cost effective manner, dovetailing into events scheduled at the venues
- Managing reviews of the procurement of all cleaning consumables across the region to ensure cost savings are being made where relevant
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key contract stakeholders
- Operationally supporting and working alongside the venue Event Support teams in the planning and delivery of the major events held at the racecourses, including but not limited to the Epsom Investec Derby Festival, Tingle Creek at Sandown Park Racecouse, and the 32 Red Winter Festival at Kempton Park Racecourse.
- Must have proven experience in the Cleaning Management. Prior experience at a 365 day operating leisure facility, conference venue, hotel, retail site etc would be beneficial.
- An accredited British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) Assessor.
- A thorough understanding of cleaning methods and processes, including full Health and Safety and COSHH knowledge is essential
- Must share our desire to constantly seek improvement and to drive forward the standards being delivered at the Jockey Club racecourses
- Must be experienced in liaising with clients and working alongside managers to implement training programmes
- Must have the confidence to deliver training to, and assessment of, team members
- Must have the interpersonal skills to drive the performance of the venue teams, and to train as well as mentor the staff to deliver outstanding results
- Must display high professional standards of operation
- Must be proficient and experienced in completing audits
- Must have a good understanding of guest requirements and what it takes to deliver a 'five star’ venue
- Must be able to establish positive working relationships with both CSP head office and Jockey Club colleagues
- Must be willing to adopt a flexible working timetable/environment given that this role is in the leisure industry
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be computer literate with good IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Proven experience in the cleaning industry
- Proven experience and a record of success within an operational delivery environment
- Proven record of delivering training
- Proven experience of building and managing strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Able to drive, holding a full UK driving licence
Please apply today to avoid missing this great opportunity.
CSP Ltd are an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Contract Management