Golden Charter is a market leader in later life planning including pre-paid funeral plans and legal services. With more than 250 employees and 25 years’ experience in helping people take care of their funeral arrangements and later life planning needs, Golden Charter is the expert when it comes to planning ahead.
The success of our business is down to our people and our priority is making Golden Charter a great place to work. We recognise potential, providing opportunities that fit an individual’s skills and talents, and ensure the right support is in place. Opportunities for promotion within Golden Charter are commonplace with over 50 internal promotions in the last 2 years. Our commitment to our people, and our innovative thinking, has contributed to us becoming an industry-leading organisation.
The Funeral Director channel within Golden Charter is seeking to appoint a Regional Business Manager. This is a field based role, covering England Midlands & North Wales.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall engagement and relationship between Golden Charter and a portfolio of strategically large Independent Funeral Directors (IFD’s), to be an advocate and lead the Golden Charter overall proposition to the IFD’s. Making use of resources including marketing and digital propositions, products, service standards and internal management information, you will be responsible for achieving targets in line with company objectives.
This is a client facing, account management role where the development of mutually beneficial relationships is key. We seek motivated, dedicated and responsive business professionals who possess a desire to succeed, proven commercial principles and a commitment to providing high quality service.
- Identify and realise incremental revenue growth from within your client portfolio
- Foster positive client relationships and engagement to support and facilitate funeral plan sales volume
- Ensure the proactive development and implementation of focused joint and bespoke marketing and digital initiatives with clear ROI
- Maintain account plans and CRM systems for each portfolio
- Ensure understanding of how the Funeral Director manages Golden Charter products and any changes to that approach over the lifetime of the account
- Provide on-site training for Funeral Director’s and their employees; providing training literature, templates, merchandising material as required
- Consult and co-ordinate the Customer Service follow up process
- Monitor and report on competitor activity across the FD footprint
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, seminars in the region or nationally
- Identify and control risks attached to account portfolio
- Champion best practice in the region ensuring the customer remains central to engagement activity
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Proven and demonstrable track record of delivering excellent results
- An understanding of Marketing and campaign management
- Experience and good understanding of online and social media presence
- Digitally competent, capable of recognising digital initiatives and opportunities, trends and capabilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent relationship management experience
- Responsive and flexible work ethic with a desire to succeed
Home based, should be willing to travel/stay overnight where required and show flexibility with territory to be covered.
- £44,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance (£5,000 per annum)
- Bonus scheme up to 20% in year one for on track performance
- Potential for up to up to 40% bonus from year two
- 6% employer pension contribution
- Excellent family leave policies and pay
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Excellent annual leave entitlement plus the option to purchase up to a further 5 days
- Opportunities for career progression
- Account Manager
- Relationship Management
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager