JOB TITLE: Regional Business Consultant: New Business
REPORTING TO: Director of Regional Customers
This role is that of an individual, whose task is to be responsible for the generation and business development of Selecta's portfolio of products and services, (new business), to include Selecta fully managed, technical service contracts, cash sale and lease agreements.
The Regional Business Consultant will be a good communicator, able to negotiate at all levels, to work under pressure, be very determined to succeed, capable of making business critical decisions, with a natural desire to be a high achiever.
The Regional Business Consultant will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised, whilst also able to work within and contribute to a close-knit team. The need to be flexible and to look for solutions outside the square is essential. Good numeracy, an ability to express themselves both orally and in writing, as well as good presentation skills are all key requirements for the role.
Typically, the individual who would take on this role would be an experienced sales professional, with a proven track record in some form of business-to-business service, involving the sale and service of capital equipment, rather than FMCG.
They should be able to demonstrate some previous sales success in new business, supported by league tables or Gross Margin contribution tables.
- ObjectivesTo achieve 100% of the annual Margin and FMS targets. Selling the portfolio of products and services provided by Selecta to new customers with a territory as defined by the Director of Regional Customers
- Key Tasks
- Establish a clear strategy for building and converting customer pipeline in a profitable and sustainable way.
- Reporting against this pipeline of customers will be expected as part of a 4 weekly review with the Director of Regional Customers. It will also be necessary to review the agreed performance of any new, mobilised customers. The basis of this review will be CRM and IMPP.
- Minimum of 4 x field days per week, 10 x new business first or second appointments per week.
- Where available a limited Telemarketing resource for 1st appointments will be provided.
- Delivery against company objectives, Regional sales team objectives and personal profit and turnover objectives as agreed with Director of Regional Customers
- Work collaboratively with the Operational teams in the regions covered, sharing key customer and prospect insights, issues, plans and developments.
- Deliver compelling and industry leading quality of bids, proposals and presentations as supported by the bid team.
- Follow all necessary steps in the passport and proposal process to ensure due diligence and accurate set up of all customer details.
- ResponsibilitiesTo maintain a very high standard of personal appearance at all times. To maintain all company property including vehicles to a high standard at all times.To observe and protect all terms and conditions of Selecta, contracts, sale or supply agreements.To observe and abide by all terms and conditions of the Selecta Contract of Employment, the Sales Pay Plan and any other notices that may be applicable.
Due to the changing nature of our business the demands on people to undertake work of a particular kind may vary. It follows that you may be required to undertake such other duties as may be required of you, eg geographical territory / location, customer portfolio / KPI`s etc