SYNLAB Group have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Assistant Facilities Manager to join the team. This is a regional role covering our businesses within the South West and South Wales including; Southwest Pathology Services Limited (SPS) covering 3 sites within Taunton, Somerset; Torrance Diamond Diagnostics Services (TDDS) Exeter, Devon; Bridge Pathology Ltd, Bristol, SYLAB Laboratories Services, Abergavenny and Lextox Drug & Alcohol Testing based in Cardiff, Wales.
- Be first point of contact - externally and internally, for facilities management and health and safety issues.
- Manage local health and safety requirements.
- Manage the access and paperwork of contractors to site via the Admin team
- Manage all site HSE requirements and operational process are followed.
- To have communication skills sufficient to liaise with Trust Facilities management to strategic manager level
- To understand FM responsibilities relating to Business Continuity Planning including specific FM Action cards and Business Impact Analyses.
- Manage and organise AED Training and equipment monitoring
- Assist with Financial administration, including raising purchase orders and checking
- Manage and coordinate the supply of local consumables and small equipment
- Develop frameworks within a quality management system to manage and evidence all aspects of facilities management using the asset, document and occurrences modules in Q-Pulse. Use Q-Pulse training/people module to monitor training and competency requirements associated with both H&S and facilities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Appropriate graduate/post graduate qualifications specific to job role (e.g. NEBOSH/IOSH and relevant facilities qualifications)
- BIFM Qualification Level 4 or evidence of equivalent qualification and experience,
- Ability to show initiative and with good decision-making skills.
- Can demonstrate excellent communications skills to a wide audience (client, 3rd party, management), highly competent with English language both written, verbal and read.
- Can show flexibility to work approach and change tasks when priorities change.
- Can work under pressure and respond to operational need
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a starter/finisher
- Expert interpretive and diagnostic skills.
- Expert knowledge of computer applications including Procurement systems, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Statistical Packages
- Expert knowledge of National guidelines and protocols relating to pathology, Procurement and Facilities Management
- Knowledge of Major Incident Plan
- High degree of accuracy and numeracy
- RCA training
- Report writing and ability to present to senior operational management
- Able to influence and comment with costumers, clients and suppliers.
- Ability to travel to multi-site locations in SW and South Wales.
- Can demonstrate an intermediate level of understanding of how a commercial building works, what type of equipment, plant would be used and what it’s for.
- Experience of Q-Pulse QMS.
- Knowledge of CAPA methodology.
- Can demonstrate what working in an accredited organisation means for FM related issues including working to H&S standards
- Commercial Awareness
- Facilities Management
- Health Safety