Title: Regional Account Manager (Traditional Sweets)
Region: Northants and Cambridgeshire
Salary: £28,000 - c£35,000 DOE + uncapped commission scheme, 1st year earnings £10,000 - £12,000 + company car
Cavendish Maine are delighted to be partnering with one of the UK’s best-known confectionery businesses who due to an impressive 2017, are looking to strengthen, and grow their sales team to hit their ambitious 2018 targets. Whether its traditional sweets like Sherbet Lemons or rare Liquorice, our client do it and it’s your job to sell it.
As a Regional Account Manager, you will inherit an established client base covering Northants and Cambridgeshire. There are also accounts heading towards East Anglia. You will be tasked with managing over live 100 accounts. You will be following a set journey plan, keeping up to date with latest product launches / changes and delivering against an annual revenue target. This is more of an account management / farmer type role, however new business acquisitions will be encouraged. Typical customers include garden centres, tourist attractions, gift shops and independent retailers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Create and follow a journey plan that achieves the business targets.
- Build trusting relationships with dealerships, resellers, distributors.
- Present the benefits of stocking the brand and be proactive in winning display space.
- Identify new opportunities.
- Report against the area sales plan.
The person for this Regional Account Manager role:
We are looking for an experienced field sales professional with a background in FMCG sales and someone who is keen to learn and submerge themselves into a niche, but growing industry. A proven ability to manage a sales area with regular field sales visits is crucial.
In addition, we are looking for:
- Based in Northants, Warwick, Bedford or near the M1.
- Someone who can commit to regular nights away up to 4 a month.
- A dynamic individual and a self starter.
- A proven track record in customer retention.
- Excellent sales skills. Able to influence decisions and close for sales orders.
- Great personality - positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily.
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly to meet targets.
- Possess the potential and desire to progress to a more senior role.
Generous performance based bonus on achievement of key objectives. Company car, smart phone, lap-top
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response, we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.