CTS Recruitment is sourcing a Refuse Loader to assist in providing either individually, or as a member of a team, an efficient refuse and recycling collection service for the residents and businesses in for a local authority in Hertsmere and Enfield
- To collect containers of all types including Paladin Bins, Wheelie Bins, recycling boxes and sacks from domestic or trade properties and load into the refuse vehicle.
- To empty the contents of containers into the vehicle, using mechanical lifting equipment.
- To return containers to the Boundary or designated spot after emptying.
- To use lifting equipment on vehicles and subsequently operate such equipment.
- Where applicable, to collect plastic sacks or refuse contained in suitable containers or other items as determined by the Area Street Care Officer and to load them onto refuse vehicles.
- To deliver leaflets as periodically required.
- To be responsible for own safety and not endangering that of colleagues, others in the work place and the general public.
- To ensure that the duties undertaken within the post holders’ area/responsibility are carried out in accordance with the Council’s policies under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To work in accordance with any safety instructions issued by the Area Street Care Officer or the Operations Manager and to ensure all accidents/incidents and other potential dangers are reported to the driver or supervisor.
- To assist the driver in cleansing of refuse collection vehicles as required.
- To undertake other similar duties which may be required from time to time.
- Waste Disposal