A qualified social worker is required to work within the children in need team, based at Test Valley Borough Council, Andover. The social worker will need at least 2 years experiences in either a CIN team of R&A team. The work will include care proceedings, child protection cases, children looked after cases, and children in need cases. You will need good time management skills and an ability to prioritise case work and meet dead lines. All visits to see the children will need to be carried out within statutory time scales, and the council's policies and procedures must be adhered to. You will need to be resilient and have an ability to pick up cases and progress them. The team has 7 social workers, including and Assistant Team Manager. You will be supervised by the Team Manager. You will need a good understanding of legislation and good communication skills, as well as an ability and willingness to be a team player.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
Social Care Locums is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment - we offer twice weekly payroll too!
For more information or details of other roles, please contact Simone at Social Care Locums or visit our website to upload your CV.