Reducing Reoffending Worker - South Yourkshire
Reducing Reoffending Worker
Job type – Full Time, Permanent
Salary – £22,701 + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+ 5 Paid Lunch)}
Location – South Yorkshire (Covering, Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster)
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for Reducing Reoffending Workers within South Yorkshire to support our service users (who have offended) to successfully resettle into the community following release from prison. We have requirements covering Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster.
You’ll provide both pre and post release information advice and guidance, for multiple pathways, this mainly being accommodation, finance, benefit, debt, employment, training and education. These will be delivered via one on one sessions or group activities as required.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with current and potential agencies in order to generate referrals as required.
- Carrying out initial assessments for potential service users, including any risks in respect of the service on offer.
- Designing and deliver an effective programme, learning or support plan with the service user using specialist agencies as applicable.
- Maintaining contact on a regular basis with service users in accordance with the requirements of the service.
- Risk assess and take the necessary actions in respect of any activities with service users including personal safety.
We are really looking for candidates who have passion for helping others and reducing the rate of reoffending within their community.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is desirable.
For a full job description please click here.
For a full person specification please click here.
For details of Nacro’s excellent benefits please click here.
Please apply online
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'