Are you an experienced Landfill, Warehouse or Recycling Operative looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Recycling Operative for our team in Atherton, working 45 hours a week; Monday to Friday.
Joining our team as a Recycling Operative, you will undertake duties within the site recycling operation, as required or directed. This will include but not limited to, picking activity, bale trimming, general cleaning, quality control operations, traffic coordination, basic maintenance activity where supervised and directed along with any other reasonable operational requirements.
The ideal Recycling Operative will have:
- The ability to operate fixed plant and assist with minor maintenance
- Communication skills, the need to respond to and communicate with supervisors and management and work colleagues
- Qualified to safely operate mobile plant, through holding valid certificates (CPCS or equivalent and/or Mentor certs)
- Full UK recognised mobile plant licences as required, AP421 / 800 Control of hazardous energy and Static plant certificate
- Experience of operating in a production or recycling environment
- An awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Knowledge of waste recycling operations
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Recycling Operative, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'