Drive the recycling strategy for a major division of Aggregate Industries, a leading player in construction solutions.
Aggregate Industries is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group and a leading supplier of traditional and sustainable construction materials to major building and construction customers. With operations across the UK, we’re committed to helping create a better built environment.
As Recycling & Infill Manager reporting to our Aggregates Director, you’ll be responsible for developing and leading the recycling strategy for our Aggregates division. Your remit will include investigating and promoting the feasibility of a robust and profitable recycling business within the current footprint of our operations, with a particular focus on developing opportunities for infill and waste management. Setting and establishing a clear vision for the initiative, you’ll ensure that the recycling strategy is effectively formulated, communicated and delivered on, that Health & Safety across the function is a priority and that all safety management systems fully comply with group and legislative standards.
Other key accountabilities include:
• Identifying opportunities for business development utilising existing assets for infill purposes
• Project-managing complex permit applications
• Devising training programmes to ensure that the business has adequate technical competence in place
• Representing the business internally and externally whilst building strategic relationships cross-functionally and with key partners/suppliers.
• Working closely with relevant peers and the logistics function to ensure optimal utilisation of the supply chain across our road and rail network.
Educated to degree level or equivalent preferred but the right candidate with adequate experience will be considered. You will need a strong understanding of environmental legislation, practices and procedures. You must have a proven track record in a similar role, ideally in industrial, multi-site landfill/waste management. Experienced in the disposal of inert materials/waste management, you have excellent senior level stakeholder engagement skills and are accustomed to working with regulatory authorities. Able to lead and manage projects and with permit application experience, you’re also:
• a strong communicator and influencer, capable of building credibility across the organisation and externally
• detail and results-orientated, with strong personal values to succeed
• highly organised, with demonstrable planning and delivery capabilities.
So if we’ve just described you and your aspirations then, to apply for this Recycling & Infill Manager role, please click on the APPLY button.
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees.