About the role
Tesco is a diverse and exciting employer, dedicated to being #aplacetogeton, providing career defining opportunities to all of our colleagues. If you chose to join our business we will provide you with:
- An opportunity to develop your skills in the largest private sector employer and largest retailer in the UK
- A learning culture and excellent opportunities to develop your career within your chosen field or new something altogether new
- A relaxed and Smart-Working environment - you’ll be judged on results, not on timekeeping
- Varied and exciting projects to play a part in - there is always something new and exciting in the pipeline
- The opportunity to play a key role in one of the largest recruiting programmes happening within Technology, anywhere
The recruitment team will play a significant role in the growth and development of Tesco. Through talent management, effective employer branding and passive & active recruitment methods, the team will hire great talent in tight timescales
The role offers someone the chance to play a pivotal role in Tesco’s recruiting efforts, enabling the business to engage with strong technical talent, understand the market in which we operate and hire great people. The team provides a customer centric, specialised and data driven recruitment offering and this position will contribute significantly to our goal of being a best in class function.
As the Sourcer for Technology, you will be a subject matter expert in identifying, attracting and engaging with our target talent audience, across markets such as Engineering, Cyber Security, Data, Product & Programme Management.
You will be responsible for
- Use a diverse range of sourcing skills to identify, engage and attract top technology talent for Tesco Technology
- Build strong pipelines of candidates for roles spanning the entire technology landscape
- Map our key market segments, building a knowledge of who is out there and what we need to do to hire them to Tesco
- Provide key data and insights to our team and line stakeholders, helping them understand where we’re positioned and how market competitive we are
- Be passionate about Tesco and the sectors we recruit in - you are the first point of contact for candidates and first impressions are key
- Develop and Manage talent pools for key hiring areas
- Leverage and promote Tesco’s Employer Brand through colleague storytelling and Social Media enabling Tesco to engage with, and attract, individuals from the tech community
You will need
- Keen Recruitment Resourcer with 12+ months experience in the recruitment industry, either agency or in-house/internal - tech recruitment experience is not essential
- Experience of, or exposure to, the technology recruitment talent market
- Passionate about the role of a Recruitment Resourcer and the impact it can have on our recruiting efforts
- The ability to market map, research and analyse key areas - using information gained to build accurate insights of the market
- Expert in using social and professional media platforms to aid research and hiring efforts
- An expert in recruiting and sourcing techniques in the technology space, including the utilisation of niche sourcing tools and talent mining activities
- Able to work at pace and use data to inform approach
- A keen team worker, sharing information, knowledge and best practise
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'