Recruitment Manager (Home-Based)
Nationwide (with some travel required)
Together we can make a real difference.
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means inspiring volunteers to support the nation’s health and wellbeing. It means tackling the most pressing social issues in a workplace full of opportunities.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our people are a welcoming team of individuals from every background who support one another to be their best. They are also some of the country’s most compassionate and dedicated people who step forward to help make society better connected and more inclusive - where everyone can thrive.
We’re currently looking for a Recruitment Manager to join us on a full-time basis and provide key recruitment expertise and support throughout our organisation.
As our Recruitment Manager, you will provide a stand-alone 'subject matter expert’ recruitment service to our organisation. You will aim to increase the quality of hires at all levels in the most cost-effective way possible.
Working closely with the Head of HR, L&D and other colleagues, you will design and implement a recruitment strategy and associated policies that meet our organisational needs.
As a member of the HR Team, your role will also involve:
- Delivering a high quality, efficient staff recruitment service
- Ensuring our ambitions related to equality, diversity and inclusion are reflected
- Focusing on application attraction through digital channels
- Supporting our hiring managers to manage the recruitment process through the RVS HRIS
You’ll be a creative, 'ideas’ person who enjoys exploring alternative possibilities and options. Driven and determined, you’ll have ambition and the motivation to succeed, eagerly accepting targets and relishing the thrill of a challenge.
Well planned and organised, you’ll be someone who thinks things through in advance, considers the key stages and likes to monitor progress and map out future activities. You’ll be focused on quality and will pay attention to the finer details, whilst being dedicated to getting things right first time and not taking undue risks.
You’ll have good influencing skills and will be prepared to work collegiately to achieve good outcomes while not giving up easily and overcoming setbacks. Additionally, you’ll be happy networking and building relationships, enjoy talking to others and will be happy operating in a mutually supportive environment and sharing information.
To join us as our Recruitment Manager, you will need:
- Strong 'in-house’ recruitment experience, possibly with some agency experience but not exclusively an agency background
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation and best practice related to recruitment
- Good IT skills and in-depth working knowledge of the recruitment module of an HRIS, including use of an in-house ATS
- A full driving licence
A CIPD qualification would be beneficial to your application. A Level A&B qualification with the BPS would also be an advantage.
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- A salary of £35,516.40 per annum
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website, 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions built-in
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Access to award-winning e-learning and development
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- Six weeks company sick pay
- 25 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as our Recruitment Manager, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The closing date for applications is the 25th October 2021, with interviews scheduled for the 3rd November 2021.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role In-House Recruiter, Recruitment Consultant, Senior Resourcer, HR & Recruitment Advisor, or Recruitment Executive.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'