Recruitment Consultant - Shipping / Maritime
£Competitive Salary (as advertised) + Comprehensive Benefits + UNCAPPED Commissions
Global engineering services company to the Maritime, Oil and Gas Sector with Fortune 500 clients and offices in 9 countries seeks an experienced Recruitment Consultant, with a specific focus on crewing, manning and mainly blue-collar roles for various projects.
This is a highly demanding sector which benefits from a regular flow of vacancies as well as significant opportunities to grow and develop. We are looking for a new team member to set-up and take this new department to the next level.
A typical day will involve:
- Building professional relationships with existing and 'prospect’ clients via the telephone and face-to-face
- Source competent and qualified repair teams/ sea staff from existing / new manning agents, using the most cost-effective recruitment methods and maintaining an up to date database of available candidates.
- Streamline manning contracts with various manning agents to ensure quality and prompt delivery of services required.
- Audit and monitor the working of Manning agencies to ensure their compliance in meeting company’s and legislative requirements.
- Streamline employment contracts of all candidate to avoid any problems in filing of claims with the P&I club.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with other agencies to have prompt processing of papers.
- Maintain up to date personnel records and data for crew, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Formulate and submit Annual Budget, and subsequently monitor the same, providing variance analysis reports where necessary.
- Ensure the development and training of personnel within the crewing department and opportunities of promotion to the deserving candidates.
- Selling candidates to Clients in a highly consultative manner
- Managing the interview/selection processes for client and candidate
- Negotiating salaries, terms & conditions and closing deals!
- Developing the business plan
- Identifying and attending key industry events and networking opportunities
- Supporting with Bids, Tenders and Pitches for new business and to renew / expand existing contracts
- 2-3 yrs. experience as a Recruitment Consultant.
- Experience in Maritime / Shipping / Offshore industry.
Job Specific Skills:
- Must have working knowledge of STCW 95 and flag state regulations, as well as industry requirements.
- Must be experienced in recruiting all categories of marine and offshore personnel within the industry
- Very organized, able to multi task, willing to work flexible hours
- Previous recruitment, sales or industry experience within an Engineering or Technical capacity
- Competitive edge and the desire to succeed in this fast-paced industry
- Influential and assertive communicator with a professional work ethic
- Enjoy challenging situations where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions
- You will thrive on working in a targeted and competitive sales environment, self-motivated, positive and able to plan and manage your time effectively in order to exceed targets set
- You must be passionate about developing new and existing client relationships and take a leading role in developing opportunities.
- Can cope well under pressure, good attention to detail
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Benefits / Rewards:
- A competitive base salary
- UNCAPPED Commission/bonus
- Private medical insurance with dental allowance
- 25 days’ holidays per annum + Bank holidays.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Great multicultural team from all over the world
- An ambitious company where there are always opportunities to grab something and make it your own
- An amazing opportunity to take on a role that you will be managing by yourself, hire - develop & manage your team, learn a lot, develop new ideas and evolve in a friendly environment
**** STRICTLY NO REC-2-REC AGENCIES - PLEASE EXCUSE ****
APPLY NOW - CLICK ON LINK BELOW.
- Business Development
- Recruitment Process