Driving Plus is the On-Site HGV driver supplier division of the Staffline Group, providing recruitment solutions to many of the UK's leading supermarket and logistics providers throughout the UK. The vision of Driving Plus is to build and develop the most reliable integrated workforce in the country and to become the leading creator of opportunities, jobs and innovation in the driving sector.
As a Recruitment Consultant, working from our client's sites in Hornchurch reporting into the Regional Manager, you will be accountable for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with our clients, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
The successful applicant will be given an opportunity to develop a career within the recruitment sector, working within the market leading provider of temporary workforce solutions throughout the UK and Ireland and exposure to some of the UK's leading retail / logistics companies as their lead supplier of HGV drivers.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Build driver pools throughout the region to ensure client requirements are met, pro-actively managing the applicant pipeline to ensure recruitment and resourcing needs are consistently met and planned well in advance to maximise fulfilment of shifts
- End to end recruitment activity from placing adverts to communicating new driver details to meet planning requirements
- Working within an allocated advertising quota to ensure a high return on investment
- Thinking creatively to source new applicants to ensure client needs are met within region as well as supporting other regions as required by the business
- Work to strict daily Key Performance Indicators to meet your daily and weekly targets
- Register drivers within the company's computerised systems and ensuring these records are updated throughout each stage of the recruitment process
- Screening and interviewing drivers over the phone, booking in for assessments and ensuring that successful drivers are then planned for paid work
- Understanding key operating procedures for the company to ensure payroll and planning activities are compliant
- Using IT systems available and ensure internal systems are fully and accurately updated as necessary
- Providing cover and/or support to other areas as required
- Ensuring any issues raised by the Client or Drivers are dealt with efficiently and professionally
- Building strong relationship with the client and reporting any problems to line manager ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Providing administrative support as required to ensure the account operates efficiently on a day to day basis and all records are kept up to date
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have previous experience in recruitment (preferably in the logistics or agency recruitment sector)
- Be an excellent communicator with an exceptional telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects and vacancies
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with challenging performance targets
- Be highly organised, have excellent attention to detail and a demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Be able to drive and have access to own car in order to be able to commute to other clients in the region as needed
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, Outlook)
- Have excellent problem solving skills, the ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential challenges
Driving Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from diverse communities and a variety of industry sectors.
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience
Interested? Click APPLY NOW and express your interest now by sending your application, outlining your suitability to the role, quoting reference Recruitment Consultant.
- recruitment consultant
- team leader