I am currently looking to hire a Recruitment Consultant to join Page Personnel Finance in our City of London offices.
Sector: Recruitment Consultancy
Page Personnel Finance is part of the Page Group, which was founded over 40 years ago and is a market leader in the UK.
In the UK alone Page Group has 27 offices and recruits into 28 different disciplines, which include Accountancy & Finance, Property & Construction, Fashion, IT, Sales and Legal.
The Page Group is in the Times Top 100 Companies in the UK, a FTSE 250 business and has offices worldwide.
Page Personnel Finance specifically is the fastest growing business within the Page Group.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for clear career progression, award winning industry training, a competitive salary and commission structure and opportunities to move internationally with the company.
Recruitment Consultant, City of London
Roles and Duties
A recruitment consultant is responsible for helping employer's (clients) to recruit candidates for job vacancies. These vacancies can be permanent or temporary roles and can range from junior level staff to managers and directors.
- Recruitment consultants develop an understanding of their client's requirements, then identify potential staff (candidates) through existing contacts found on the Michael Page candidate data base or by advertising roles and taking the response. They assess candidates' skills through interviews, tests and background checks, then submit a shortlist of appropriate candidates and sell the benefits of each candidate to the client.
- The recruitment consultant would then follow through the whole recruitment lifecycle on behalf of the client by briefing candidates, setting up interviews, confirming meetings, taking client and candidate feedback, facilitating further meetings and interview format and when successful negotiation of offers.
- Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities. Developing solid relationships with clients is integral to the role.
- Typical work activities
- A recruitment consultant's role is demanding and diverse involving:
- Using marketing and business knowledge to extend company contacts
- Identifying and evaluating employers' recruitment needs
- Negotiating terms of employment
- Interviewing potential candidates
- In particular, typical work activities are likely to include:
- Developing commercial business relationships with potential employers by telephone to establish new contacts and their recruitment requirements
- Documenting clients' details and vacancy requirements in a brief
- Clarifying and negotiating salary and benefits relating to the role
- Negotiating fees relating to work the consultant will undertake for the client
- Advertising posts appropriately - drafting and placing advertisements using a wide range of media (e.g., newspapers, magazines or local radio)
- Reviewing applications, managing interviews and considering candidates and shortlists
- Monitoring candidates once placed
- Collecting feedback from employers on the performance of candidates who have previously been placed with them
- Maintaining current records and personal statistics for review against performance targets
Page Personnel is looking for a Recruitment Consultant who is motivated, hard working, a team player and resilient.
The successful candidate will be paid a starting salary of £23,000 - £25,000 per annum plus commission