ONS Recruitment Consultants are responsible for successfully filling vacancies, often to tight timescales, across a designated area of the organisation.
Some of the activities you’ll deploy to achieve this will be:
- Providing a customer-focused, consultative, challenging and professional service to stakeholders across ONS and the Government Statistical Service
- Designing and deploying responsive and innovative recruitment campaigns that deliver high quality outcomes to tight deadlines
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the labour market across your portfolio of roles, and utilising a range of social media platforms wherever necessary to pro-actively seek specialist candidates with niche skills
- Leverage technology and data (including Applicant Tracking and Customer Relationship Management Systems) to maximise candidate quality and personal productivity (including all recruitment related administration required to deliver within the Civil Service). Data sources could include but are not limited to: ONS establishment lists, financial data, data analysis based upon previous recruitment campaigns or market data
- Oversee the effective collection, maintenance and storage of all recruitment related administration to ensure the efficient on-boarding of candidates and compliance with data protection and audit requirements
- A thorough knowledge and demonstrable experience of the recruitment life-cycle from identifying requirements, negotiating recruitment plans, sourcing talent and converting candidates to employees.
- Some experience of line management, and providing leadership, coaching and mentoring support to a small team
- Experience of working on multiple vacancies concurrently, and delivering quality results to tight deadlines
- A track record of developing an expertise in an evolving recruitment market and innovating to deliver results
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills to work successfully with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong experience of managing all recruitment related administration, delegating where possible but retaining accountability for your area of the organisation.
- Use of appropriate technology to deliver results including keeping abreast of new and innovative developments in the field of recruitment.
- Experience of being able to work under pressure, and to make qualitative decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of working with an Applicant Tracking System
- Successful track record of utilising a variety of social media platforms to attract and recruit into an organisation.
- Have some background in selection and assessment such as understanding the main strengths and weakness of a variety of selection techniques such as interviews, assessment centres or psychometric tests.
- Have an understanding of advanced search techniques including Boolean.
We are the UK's national statistical institute and the largest producer of official statistics in the UK. We are also the only government department with the production of statistics as its main role. We are independent of ministers and instead report through the UK Statistics Authority to Parliament and the devolved administrations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Never has there been a more exciting time to join the Office for National Statistics. Its "Better Statistics, Better Decisions" strategy is driving a transformational change throughout the organisation and the Office has already taken huge strides forward to becoming a modern, technically focused, data-driven organisation. As part of that, ONS will deliver the first digital Census in 2021 and be a leading producer of online surveys across government and beyond.
At ONS we believe that people deserve the best support and are given the best opportunities. Career development is extremely important to us. This is a reflection on what a great organisation you will be joining and the culture that you will be part of. As well as career support you will also enjoy excellent civil service benefits, including flexible working and pension plan. Onsite facilities include free parking, children’s nursery, gym, fitness classes, coffee shop and restaurant which demonstrates ONS’ commitment to work/life balance.
A member of, or a willingness to gain membership of, one of the following professional bodies: REC, CIPD or BPS.
- Communication Skills
- Recruitment Process
- Stakeholder Engagement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job