South West London
Competitive base + uncapped commission + significant benefits
Are you an ambitious graduate looking to start a career as a Recruitment Consultant? We have started recruiting for our 2018 Graduate programmes and so are on the lookout for some fantastic candidates for start dates as follows:
April / July / September
Recruitment isn't an easy job but we are very aware that there are lots of opportunities for an aspiring consultant to grasp, so why us?
- We've invested in a leading training structure, we have an onsite trainer whose experience spans 10 years, having trained over 10,000 recruiters so far! The initial three months of your career are dedicated to training - learning about recruitment, our markets and how we do it after which you will receive frequent training as you develop your career.
- We're still privately owned and the Partners run the business day to day - this means that we only hire people that truly want to carve themselves a career in recruitment, developing into the future leaders of our business. They spend time and money investing in your career and want you to be the best you can be, and make as much money as you possibly can!
- We work in a thriving market and are the Global leaders in what we do - Data & Analytics might not mean anything to you now but it's part of your everyday life. We generate over 2.5 quintillion bytes every day from consumer transactions, communication devices, online behaviour and streaming services - someone needs to analyse that and we place the people that do! When you start working on the roles, you quickly learn just how relevant they are to your everyday life.
- Companies talk about 'hot desks' all the time, but when experienced consultants join us they are shocked to see its actually true, we're lucky enough to have worked with our clients for a number of years, often having made hundreds of placements with them.
- We're competitive but friendly - it's a hard mix to get right, but it works here. Everyone works to their own targets and gets their own commission - but teams work together just as much. You'll have managers and mentors from day one, and they're committed to making you a superstar too, you'll always have someone to ask advice from!
- We spend together outside of work too - A lot of our consultants have relocated to London to start their careers, so naturally colleagues also become a friend pool from the get go. It's a regular occurrence that consultants spend a few hours after work hitting the gym (or the pub) - and some of them even live together!
- We are a high-performance company - because we hire people that are looking for a career and that match our business culture, we tend to find consultant performance is high and consistent. Rather than having a few 'top billers' and the rest in the middle - our experienced consultants are always close to beating one another, with 90% of them hitting over £200k+ per year from year 2 onwards.
The Role -
Recruitment is at it's core a sales role, but it's a sales role with a high degree of sophistcation, complexity and satisfaction. Recruitment is split into two parts - Client's and Candidates
Client's pay recruitment agencies significants amount of money to find them the talent they cant source themselves. These relationships typically arise through cold calling, and so you'll need to be comfortable cold calling businesses to sell your service and expertise (as well as Harnhams). Once you're through that, you negotiate an agreement with the business to work on the roles before going out to market to find candidates. During the process you work closely with the client to ensure you've got a solid brief on the role, are clearly communicating your updates and when the candidate is offered, work hard to negotiate one that will get the candidate off the market!
Sourcing candidates is one of the main parts of the role - once you've landed the client you need to find them the best candidate as soon as you can. This is often done through headhunting, advertising, networking and referrals. You will carefully work with your candidates to understand what they are looking for, match their skills and requirements to the clients needs before working with them to get through the interview process and getting them the offe
The ideal candidate:
The best people in recruitment have real drive, ambition, resilience and motivation so to us this is the most important requirement. Throughout your interview process you will be tested in all of these areas and more so please don't apply unless you are sure you can compete with the best!
At the end of our interview process you will also have a chance to experience what being a recruitment consultant involves on a day-to-day basis with some time on the sales floor and even calling some of our candidates so be ready to be put out your comfort zone and to learn a lot! Recruitment is obviously a sales based role so any kind of cold sales experience is extremely beneficial however not essential as full training will be provided.
How to apply:
Please submit your profile via the Apply Now button to send your application to Charlie Waterman at Harnham.