Recruitment Consultant (Training)
£18,000 - £20,000 per annum + bonus (Approx £5000)
Cardiff (vehicle required)
Are you a passionate and energetic recruitment consultant with a background in the training sector? Do you have experience of recruiting learners to funded programmes coupled with experience in working with and supporting young people?
If so, then the team at Cordant People Cardiff would like to hear from you. We are currently working with one of the UKs leading Training providers to hire a Recruitment Consultant to work out of their Cardiff office.
The principal purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the recruitment of learners on behalf of this organisation. The role will include the recruitment, selection of candidates to fill vacancies and to provide effective welfare support and guidance to learners.
You will also be responsible for business development - calling employers to seek their Apprenticeship vacancies, recruiting Apprentices, seeing the whole process through from start to finish.
- Ensure all employer vacancies are filled within agreed timeframes
- Optimise the volume of learners applying for Apprenticeships, and other programmes for the unemployed (e.g. Jobs Growth Wales)
- Monitoring learners at risk of leaving and implement appropriate intervention strategies
- Ensure relevant sections of ESTYN Common Inspection Framework are observed within the recruitment process
- Engage with target groups of learners throughout a broad geographical area
- Advertise new vacancies on the Careers Wales system and manage applications through Enrola
- Effectively interview and screen potential learners ensuring observation of relevant areas of ESTYN Common Inspection Framework
- Refer screened learners to most appropriate programme (Apprenticeships and Jobs Growth Wales)
- Create networks with key stakeholders to create continual referrals of new learners
- Co-ordinate groups of learners for training and/or induction
- Ensure the BD team are provided with sufficient applicant volumes to fill employer vacancies and other cohorts
- Liaise with external agencies to source suitable applicants to fill employer vacancies
- Ensure compliance with the learner initial assessment and completion of paperwork
- Promotion of vacancies generated by the business development team
- To work with curriculum teams and Operational Support Coordinator to identify and support students who are 'at risk of leaving'
- Ensure a timely and effective 'at risk' referral system is in place
- To provide advice and guidance to staff on welfare issues, the disciplinary policy and the 'at risk of leaving' procedure
- To provide advice and guidance to students on a range of welfare issues including financial support, housing, benefits, health and personal matters
- Participate in team and company meetings.
- Ensure fair and transparent recruitment processes regardless of the individual's race, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, care responsibility, HIV status, trade union activity, political or religious belief and ensuring observation of relevant areas of Ofsted's Common Inspection Framework
This role would suit an ambitious and driven candidate who enjoys dealing with people on a daily basis. Excellent communication skills are key, as is the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both face to face and over the telephone.
Interested? Please upload your CV as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered for interview.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- "training" "apprenticeships"