About the role
We currently have a number of opportunities a number of Recruitment & Compliance personnel to join our HR team, based at our Professional Services Centre, in the Cunard Building in Liverpool.
This is a dynamic role, working in a fast paced shared services environment. You will be managing the full recruitment cycle from advertisement through to on-boarding for our Healthcare division. The role also includes ensuring vetting compliance for new starters and renewals for current employees in line with the regulatory body guidance, company policy and the relevant government regulations for EWUK
• Managing a high volume of applicants and large recruitment campaigns.
• Utilise multiple advertising methods to attract and retain candidates.
• Manage the candidate relationship and ensure a smooth, positive journey through the process.
• Work closely with hiring managers to ensure they are kept up to date with candidates progression and deliver their recruitment requirements whilst ensuring they follow due process.
• Ensure compliance with employment law, eligibility to work in the UK , agency worker guidelines, DBS vetting and regulatory bodies.
• Escalate non compliance and prepare DBS panel packs
• Manage relationships with agencies from the preferred supplier lists.
• Establish and maintain strong working relations with Interserve Healthcare Operational Branches to advise and guide them on recruitment process, methods and compliance.
• Write and produce employment contracts, agency worker agreements, volunteer agreements, issue new starter packs and collate their return.
• Ensure all candidates are fully on-boarded and compliant with the relevant process and regulations. Work seamlessly with your HRA Teammates based in the HR Support team to ensure a smooth transition from new starter to live employee.
The PSC is part of Interserve Citizen Services division which consists of 3 different industries; Interserve Justice, Interserve Health Care and Interserve Learning & Employment. The successful candidates will work primarily with our Healthcare division, with an expectation that you will also assist with the workloads for Justice & ILE as and when required. We are offering permanent contracts on 37.5 hours per week across Monday - Friday, core operational hours are 9am-5pm, there is an expectation you will be able to work between 8am and 6pm
Closing Date 30th April 2018. Should we receive a high volume of suitable applicants, we may close the vacancy earlier than advertised
Interviews will be scheduled on a weekly basis as and when applications are processed.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
• Experience of working in a Health/Social care environment
• Experience of High volume recruitment campaigns
• Recruitment of Health Care Assistants & Nurses
• Experience of completing eligibility to work in the UK checks including overseas workers
• Vetting experience, such as DBS processing, reference checking, Nurse Pin Checks
• Writing & publishing adverts through various mediums
• Managing sessional (Zero hours) and agency workers
• Writing terms & conditions of employment from Zero hours to Permanent
• Remote stakeholder management
• Employment Law (ideally CIPD qualified or working towards)
• Knowledge of CQC regulations in relation to employing fit and proper persons
• Immigration regulations including Visa types/checks
• DBS Regulations
• Equality & Diversity
• Recruitment & Interview Techniques
• Effective Communications
• Organisational Skills
• Excel/Microsoft office
• Management of multiple work streams
• IGRASP recruitment system or similar
• CIPHR HR system or similar
• People Planner or similar
What we can offer you:
• Salary £21-23k, full time permanent contract
• Generous holiday allowance - 25 days per year + statutory bank holidays
• Share scheme - a chance to purchase shares Save scheme - the opportunity to save money
• Pension scheme
• Exclusive employee staff discounts on high street retailers with "MyInterserve"
Ideal candidate criteria
An effective communicator who works well under pressure, is resilient, and proactively engages with prospective candidates, internal and external stakeholders to ensure a positive experience all round
Operates in a logical methodical way, can interpret regulations and work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders to create, implement and enforce process and policy to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
About the company
We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
The Citizen Services division includes:
• Interserve Healthcare
• Justice / Community rehabilitation companies
• Interserve Learning & Employment (UK)
• Interserve Learning & Employment (International)
We deliver great services from caring for people in their own homes, rehabilitating offenders, to providing skills and training to people in the UK and Saudi Arabia.
Our common goal is to change people’s lives and create stronger communities, whilst having a co-ordinated approach to delivering Interserve’s vision of 'Redefining the future for people and places’.
- Customer Service
- General Admin