Location: Angel, London, EC1V 1NY
Employment Status: Full Time, Permanent
SWAT UK is one of the leading providers of training and consultancy services to the accountancy profession. In addition to running a wide range of accountancy courses in venues throughout England and Wales, as well as online, we also provide consultancy and compliance support to accountancy firms. SWAT UK is a dynamic, forward-thinking business and our mission statement is to improve the economic well-being and quality of life of clients and staff. Although we expect the very highest standards from all our staff, we are a friendly team where everyone is working towards the common goal of driving the firm forward. If you are looking to be part of a team in which everyone’s contribution plays a vital role in the company’s success, then we would love to hear from you.
SWAT UK is part of Wilmington plc Professional Division.
Main Purpose of Role:
SWAT specialises in Graduate recruitment and monitoring for numerous firms of chartered accountants. The role holder will be responsible for running the Graduate recruitment activity and supporting the on-going professional training of Graduates that we place with accountancy firms.
• First point of contact for general recruitment enquiries received by phone and/or website
• Process recruitment application forms, ensuring all information is recorded on the company’s main database and internal stats reports
• Screening and selection of applicants who meet the relevant criteria.
• Responsible for the end to end co-ordination of Selection Days from booking rooms, inviting applicants and ensuring the smooth running of the Selection Day
• Interviewing of candidates and matching of successful candidates to the Accountancy firms we recruit for
• Refer successful candidates to Accountancy firms and follow up on their progress once they commence their placement
• Develop strong relationships with the Accountancy firms to develop an understanding of the number of Graduates needed in each intake, plus the skills and cultural fit needed by each firm
• Attend Recruitment meetings/Exhibition fairs around the country, to raise the profile of a career in Accountancy and attract candidates
• Update and circulate annual Salary Survey amongst the Accountancy firms we recruit Graduates for
• Reporting on a variety of measures including application numbers, selection day feedback and offer to acceptance ratios
Student Administration & Monitoring
• Working with the Student Monitoring Coordinator to:
- Arrange student course bookings with external provides for ACA & ACCA accountancy qualifications
- Deal with incoming enquiries from firms, training partners, students and tuition providers
- Maintain student information on company database, including up to date contact details, course bookings and exam information
- Conduct progress reviews with Accountancy firms to understand how their Graduates are progressing, including reporting on exam results
- Liaise with students to ensure they are progressing with their professional training and assist with the timely resolution of any problems between Graduates and tuition providers
- Attend different professional bodies and tuition provider for Accountancy qualification update
• Work closely with the marketing department to provide information to help promote the Graduate recruitment and monitoring services
• Remain up-to-date with recruitment best practice
• Continuous improvement of Graduate recruitment and monitoring processes
• Assist colleagues and be available to cover reception for breaks or annual leave as required
• Other duties as required to assist with the smooth running of the business
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Recruitment & administrative roles
- Previous exposure to a client-facing role
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of groups including but not exclusive to: potential and existing clients, professional bodies, training providers and students
- Flexible approach to workload with the ability to work independently and manage own time and conflicting pressures
- Ability to troubleshoot and make decisions quickly and confidently
- Excellent communications skills - written and oral with high level of accuracy in written work including data entry
- Excellent team working skills - both locally and across other offices
- 5 GCSEs grade C+ (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Experience of databases and Microsoft IT packages - Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent telephone skills
- Professionally presented.
- Knowledge of a professional services company, preferably accountancy.
- Interview skills
- Experience of manning training courses and facilitating student selection/assessment days
- Experience of organising meetings and minute taking
- Willing and able to learn new skills and software packages when required