Recruitment Business Partner with construction experience…
Job Title: Recruitment Manager/Business Partner
Location: Potters Bar
Contract type: Permanent
Salary and benefits: £50-60k + benefits
Follow us on Twitter: @Fetch_HR
What can we tell you about this great organisation?
We don’t think that we are over egging the pudding when we say that this is a great business to work for. They are a well-known construction business that most people would love to have on their CV. You will also be pleased to know that the HR team are a great bunch to work with!
Here is a little bit about what will be keeping you busy…
You will be focused on the identification and attraction of the best talent available. You will work with HR to develop best practice recruitment strategies that will reduce their reliance on agencies. They do not expect you to dispense with agencies altogether but you will help them move to more a direct sourcing model.
Working closely with other members of the People team you will have involvement in broader talent activities that are closely linked to bring great people into the business. You will be responsible for designing and implementing robust assessment and selection initiatives and creating a first class onboarding strategy.
Some of the key activities of this role:
- You will engage with Line Managers to develop resource plans and advise other members of the team and line managers on improving the effectiveness of resourcing.
- This role will act as the go-to person accountable for PSLs, search consultants, agencies, negotiating framework agreements and fees/pricing.
- The emphasis is on direct sourcing so you will need to encourage and develop this approach so that the resourcing function provides as much value to the business as possible.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the candidate lifecycle including improving candidate experience and the employer brand on a continual basis.
- Advising HR and business leadership on local legal/regulatory requirements and recruitment policies.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with solid construction recruitment experience gained either inhouse or within an agency. If you are an HR professional that has worked in construction but has had good exposure to recruitment, we would be very happy to consider you as your generalist HR skills will no doubt be put to good use!
Above all, you will be someone that is passionate about what they do with ability to work with professionalism but also importantly, good humour. The employees of this business love turning up for work and they look to work with like-minded people that bring the same level of commitment that they do.
The need for construction experience is essentials you will be more likely to understand the resourcing challenges in a business of this nature. You will also carry more credibility with senior members of the business. This will be important as you will be recruiting at all levels.
You will be office based but you will need a willingness to get out and see people at other sites.
If you are qualified in the provision of psychometric testing this would be an added bonus but it is not essential. If you are used to writing selection materials around behaviours and competences this could prove useful but again is not essential.
What else can we tell you?
Lots. Why not send us your CV and if you have time, a brief cover note outlining why this role is of interest and why you feel you are a good match and we can tell you more about this fantastic opportunity.
- Construction Recruitment
- Framework Agreements