The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow the area of training within VVB to encompass all disciplines of the Company.
- Provide professional support to the HR Manager, Hiring Managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, from offer to start, driving an efficient cost effective service.
- Partnering with the HR team, to provide the Group with a proactive, strategic, credible, best practice recruitment service. By working in partnership with business areas (VVB) to support the brand and value, placing VVB as an employer of choice, developing a talent pool whilst offering and exceptional candidate experience.
- Advise managers on legislative and company policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Remain up to date on employment legislation and ensure that any changes in legislation are updated or amended in the Company’s policies and procedure and communicated as required.
- Screening all phone calls from recruitment agencies and advising them on our terms.
- Reviewing applications received from job boards, cover letters and CV’s and supporting documentation in a consistent objective manner, for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to the position requirements.
- Sending shortlists to hiring managers.
- Coordinating interviews with hiring managers and candidates across Essex, London and surrounding areas.
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure rooms are booked for interviews.
- Update the recruitment tracker on a daily basis.
- Updating requisitions library, ensure that we have up to date job descriptions for all roles.
- Attending recruitment fairs as necessary.
- Run VVB inductions.
- Provide a positive employee experience and superior customer service to the candidates and hiring managers.
- To obtain IT requirements, travel arrangements.
- To capture, administer and coordinate training activities in accordance with each business divisions training plans and in line with the groups processes. A link between internal and external training and the employee, ensuring that the internal customer is receiving the best possible service and the training required to be successful in their role.
- In addition the role will provide HR administrative support across the VVB function, for example, prepare new hire paper work including drafting and formatting offer letters).
Experience & Qualifications:
- Has knowledge of employee selection procedures and knowledge.
- Has experience managing resourcing procedures and general recruitment.
- Builds on strong relationships with other, both internally and externally.
- Establishes own priorities, targets and deadlines and is determined to exceed them.
- Approaches challenges with energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong compute skills i.e. Excel and PowerPoint.
- A good team player.
We offer a an opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting construction projects (Crossrail Anglia and Thames Tide Way), in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a comprehensive salary (benefits package is under review).
- Job Descriptions
- Professional Support
- Recruitment Process