Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive Recovery Support Worker to join our passionate staff team in Blackpool, Lancashire. At our Dual Diagnosis service in Blackpool, Lancashire we provide quality recovery support to individuals with a range of support needs including mental health needs, drug and/or alcohol misuse, people with complex needs and people with an offending history.
You will be working alongside our Complex Housing Coordinator & Social Inclusion and Community Involvement Worker to provide a person-centred focused support service that enables our service users to develop the necessary life skills for independent living. As Recovery Support Worker, you will also be supporting people to access meaningful and engaging activities both in the scheme and the local community, with the aim of supporting people to be active and equal citizens. You will not be required to provide personal care.
Your role will include:
– Medication prompting/oversight,
– Providing help with domestic living tasks,
– Record keeping and support plan writing for service users,
– Support individuals to access other services that will be beneficial to their physical, emotional and financial wellbeing,
– Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service, to include daytimes, evenings weekends and bank holidays. Lone working may be required, you will not be required to work sleep in shifts or waking nights.
You must be a positive individual with an empathetic approach to meeting the needs of our service users. It is essential that you are able to work independently, using your own initiative and as part of a team and that you have good verbal and written communication skills. Experience of working in a community-based service is desirable. The ability to drive is preferred for this role.
Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
– Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
– Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
– Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
– Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
– All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s on call teams
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'