We require a progressive mental health support worker within our 24hr Mental Health Recovery Service that supports up to 14 people with severe and enduring mental health needs in Blackburn. You will work alongside a committed and experienced team of staff delivering a person-centred recovery service to individuals with a diverse range of needs. The service enables people to develop the skills and confidence to move towards independent living, to stay well and to enjoy an active lifestyle.
You will provide support to people in a recovery focused environment, promoting independence and move-on enabling them to reach their full potential through education and training.
- You will have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support.
- You will have the maturity to be able to work within a positive behaviour support framework, to accept responsibility and to grow in confidence as a skilled practitioner.
- You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
Each of our Services provide support to meet individualised needs and requires shift work, which includes contributing to a 24hr rota within our supported living services including sleepovers. Another of our services includes the provision of housing related support to individuals living within their own tenancy.
The service is central Blackburn (10-15 minutes walk from the train station and on a main bus route) and includes sleep shifts, no more than one per week.
The client group are all adults with mental health needs with a number of individuals with a dual diagnosis (drug and alcohol). This role would be ideal for new graduates of psychology.
Creative Support also offers a wide range of benefits such as:
• Full and part time hours
• QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2,3 or 5
• Free life assurance
• Pension with company contribution
• A range of employee discounts
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'