Recovery Support Worker (RSW) - CareTech - Uplands Hospital, Fareham PO16 7HH
Starting Salary £21,840
Full Time + Overtime Available
Bank Contracts Available For People Wanting More Flexibility
Uplands Hospital has an exciting opportunity for someone who is dedicated, passionate and driven; who wish to start their career in Mental Health Services. We are a Rehabilitation and Recovery Service situated in Fareham where our multidisciplinary team offer high quality recovery focused care to adults with a range of mental health needs.
This is a rewarding role with excellent career/learning opportunities and progression in forms of Level 2/3, Assistant Practitioner and Nursing Associate career paths.
If you are passionate about wanting to start a career in mental health, we want to talk to you!
Our service operates 24 hours a day; 7 days a week all year round, therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.
- Be Accountable By Making Sure You Can Answer For Your Actions Or Omissions.
- Promote And Uphold The Privacy, Dignity, Rights, Health And Wellbeing Of People Who Use Health And Care Services And Their Carers At All Times.
- Work In Collaboration With Your Colleagues To Ensure The Delivery Of High Quality, Safe And Compassionate Healthcare, Care And Support.
- Communicate In An Open And Effective Way To Promote The Health, Safety And Wellbeing Of People Who Use Health And Care Services And Their Carers.
- Respect a Person’s Right to Confidentiality.
- Strive To Improve The Quality Of Healthcare, Care And Support Through Continuing Professional Development.
- Uphold And Promote Equality, Diversity And Inclusion.
To undertake support duties to residents with varying degrees of mental health illness, in line with agreed plans and direction by the clinical team using a recovery focussed model.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. You will need to be flexible, as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays and weekends.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support to residents with daily living, following support plans and working within the Recovery Model.
- To promote residents physical wellbeing through regular health checks, promoting healthy life choices and promoting social inclusion.
- To assist in the development of resident’s personal recovery support plans, their implementation, monitoring and review.
- To work towards attaining as much involvement, independence and choice as possible for residents in the organisation of their daily lives, following their individual programmes and operational policies.
- To support residents to integrate and gain new experiences within their local community.
- To support residents to be socially acceptable with communal dining and nurture an environment that is conducive to social interaction.
- To establish and maintain relationships with residents which will complement and contribute to the recovery care programme and create a pleasant and therapeutic environment in which to live.
- To accompany residents on shopping trips and outings
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer - Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021.
- Care Plans
- Mental Health
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'