Recovery Nurse or ODP
Up to £36,000 per year
I am working with a valued and established client who is looking to recruit a Recovery Nurse or ODP for their private surgical hospital in North London.
The hospital provides General, Gynaecology, Urology, Cosmetic and Bariatric surgery procedures to a UK leading standard.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a recovery nurse role with experience in any of the above treatments. You must be RGN or ODP qualified and have a valid NMC or HCPC registration. My client is looking for a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
You will be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care. We will provide you with up to date training and continuous education as a valued member of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory
· Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment.
· Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
· Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety.
· Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator
· RGN or ODP qualified
· Registered with the NMC or HCPC
· 2 years experience working as a recovery nurse or ODP
My client is looking to pay c£36,000 per year plus benefits which will be discussed further at interview.