Our client has a vacancy for the position of Recovery Handler reporting to the Accounts and Recovery Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for the administration of debts and liaising with an external panel of Recovery Agents. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing a portfolio of recovery by proactive cash collection of aged debt.
• Providing support to the Technical Recovery Handler
• Providing cover in the absence of the Technical Recovery Handler
• Assisting with the monthly report
• Preparing the monthly agent file reconciliation
• Dealing with legal authorisation requests from agents
• Handling internal and external technical queries
• Chasing debt via telephone, email and letter, reconciliations and maintenance of defendant details, liaison with the Technical Recovery Handler and external agents on settlement limits and queries.
• Working within a team and having involvement in all aspects of standard and legal recovery.
• Processing write off credit notes on part settled and unrecoverable debts.
• Liaising with clients for prompt recovery of payments.
The successful candidate must already have or be willing to work towards:
• 2 pass grades in A levels
• NVQ Level 3
• ICM Level 3 Diploma in Credit Management
• AAT Level 3 Diploma
• ACCA level 3 Certificate in Finance Reporting
In addition to this we require:
• Ideally two years’ experience in credit and collection
• A good working knowledge of credit control or debt recovery
• Litigation experience is an advantage
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including excel
• Previous exposure to debtors ledgers or accounting software would be beneficial
• Ability to review claim files to help make sound recovery decisions
• The ability to solve problems by focusing on critical information, tasks and issues
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.