Our client is an expanding law firm based in Leeds, and due to growth they are currently seeking Legal Customer Account Associates to join their team.
As a Legal Customer Account Associate your role is to handle inbound and outbound calls, talking to our customers about their accounts which have fallen into arrears. The role will involve understanding the customers’ situation and then working with them to put in place affordable repayment plans in conjunction with litigation processes. You may also help customers by dealing with queries as well as carrying out regular reviews to make sure their payment arrangements are still suitable. The successful candidates will have experience of working within a call centre environment, or have worked in a busy hospitality or retail environment where customer service is key. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to show empathy.
Duties will include:
- Understand the customers financial situation to be to able to present options which give the customer a range of solutions to consider to avoid legal action
- Talk through the benefits to the customer of clearing outstanding accounts
- Support the customer in choosing the right solution for them to enable them to clear outstanding accounts
- Follow all relevant legislation and polices including but not limited to the SRA Solicitors Regulation Authority, CSA Debt collection guidelines, the Lending Code, other codes of practice and in-house policies and also procedures
- Develop an understanding of the litigation procedures
- The ability to recognise complaints and escalate such accounts as appropriate
- Ideally you would have gained experience in a Litigation Collections environment, or customer focused environment or equivalent
- Experience of using computer systems on a day to day basis
- Experience of working in a litigation environment is desirable
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Ability to emphasise with customers
- Ability to work under pressure and in a demanding environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job