We are recruiting for a talented Records Manager interested in working in a fascinating, historic charity for a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. This warm and friendly Archives and Records management team are excited to welcome a passionate Records Manager into their ranks to make an important contribution to the valuable work of the charity. This role is based in London.
Reporting to Masonic Charitable Foundation (MCF) Chief Operating Officer and liaising closely with the Library and Museum of Freemasons (LMF) Archives and Records Manager and the MCF Administration the post-holder will be responsible for developing and implementing Records Management Policy and Procedures
- Develop and implement Records Management Policy and Procedures
- Assess and implement a solution for legacy paper records, stored currently in on- and off-site storage sites
- Implement and manage off-site storage and retrieval of paper records
- Undertake surveys of paper and electronic records created by MCF Teams
- Review existing retention schedules and develop new schedules as required for paper and electronic records created by MCF Teams
- Review, revise and implement Record Transfer Lists as required and maintain audit trails for paper and electronic records
- Devise a records management manual for the ongoing management of manual and electronic records within the MCF and provide staff training on records management.
- Liaise with MCF managers, the Data Protection Officer and legal advisors re GDPR implementation and maintenance.
To be considered for this role you will require:
- A recognized honours degree standard or equivalent
- Postgraduate qualification in archives and/or records/information management OR transferable Archive heritage experience within a Records Management position
- Excellent technical and practical skills in records and information management services and procedures
- Experience of contributing to manual and digital records and information policy development and implementation
This is a varied, challenging position to suit a professional Records Manager looking to expand their knowledge of records Management practices within a prestigious and often misunderstood charity. The salary is competitive at £40K, 35 hours per week.
If you are interested in learning more, please call Vicky Mara with no obligation on or to apply please send your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job