Our client has a vacancy for a Records Manager to join their Operations team, part of the Business Operations group.
You will be responsible for effectively managing the electronic and paper-based information, and appropriately preserving and / or destroying legacy data in line with current legislations. This will require an active role and knowledge in both information management as well as compliance.
You will be based in the Birmingham office; occasional travel to our other offices will be required as and when requested.
Your key duties will be:
- overseeing the management of electronic and paper-based information within the firm
- working closely with our file storage providers in identifying legacy files / systems and storage
- identifying appropriate record-management resources and establishing new systems
- maintaining and evaluating current and new archiving processes and storage
- managing the data archive / destruction process
- researching and advising on legal and regulatory matters, often involving judgements in areas such as data protection matters, including GDPR and other legislations
- providing training to other members of staff, who have access to / responsibility for data records
- assisting with enquiries and requests from other members of the firm, and giving appropriate access to information
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 2 years in a similar role, with experience in archive destruction and records management
- an ARA accreditation is desirable, not essential
- excellent communication skills, liaising with colleagues, storage providers and suppliers
- solid negotiation skills to influence others at different levels
Key competencies you will need:
- the ability to react to change, prioritise accordingly and maintain strong organisational skills
- a willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not identified in this role specification, and assuming responsibilities as the firm’s needs change
- to be a team player and want to make a difference
- the ability to provide practical and pragmatic solutions with speed and efficiency
About you - you will be:
- willing to go the extra mile for internal and external clients
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and 'can do’ attitude
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.