Intellectual Property Records Administrator - Liverpool - permanent
Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, and Munich. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our client’s requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit an Intellectual Property Records Administrator to join our beautiful Liverpool office, located on the waterfront. This is a full time, permanent role.
The successful candidate will provide a support service to the patent and trade mark fee earners in a role which shall involve all aspects of patent and/or trade mark records and will be reporting to Partners /Fee Earners/Records and Records Team Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Opening files
- Opening computer records - Inprotech and Accounts
- Opening manual records
- Maintaining computer and manual records
- Creating and maintaining entries in a names database
- Liaising with third party renewals provider (CPA Global) to ensure accuracy of records/transfer of instructions
- Closing files (computer and manual)
- Producing and updating prompts/reminders/due date lists
- Dealing with patent and/or trade mark communications, extracting and docketing records entries and saving to DMS
- Generating standard letters/data sheets etc. to go to clients
- Preparing schedules
- Matching post to files
- Providing general support to Partners/Fee earners
- General duties commensurate with position
- Intellectual Property Office duties, including payments, correspondence and enquiries
- Handling UKIPO/EPO/OHIM communications
- Handling enquiries
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally at least 2 years of experience as an administrator in a deadline driven legal environment.
- Experience in database entries and maintenance
- Excellent communication skills and a logical and organised approach are essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are essential.
- A pro-active nature with the confidence and commercial awareness to be able to relate to clients at all levels (mainly internal) and be capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of patent and/or trade mark processing, formalities and practice is desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Inprotech is desirable, but not essential.
- CIPA or ITMA formalities qualification an advantage, but not mandatory.
- Degree educated.
CIPA/ITMA qualified candidates who have got at least 2 years of experience in a similar Intellectual Property Records role should submit their salary expectations for consideration.
- £17,000 - £19,000 per anuum
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- Flexible working - core hours.
- A 35 hour week.
- 26 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing by one day for every completed holiday year and up to 31 days.
- Health Cash plan.
- Employee Assistance programme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%.
To apply please respond to this advert.
Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm that you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.
Please strictly no agencies.
- Intellectual Property
- Database Admin
- Meet Deadlines